[Event] West Coast Express League And Funride

Outriders Press Office

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know what happened to the C-D group, finished behind E-F and H...

we were on a sunday stroll up the west coast road.

when E-F caught us we suddenly got a shot of espresso which didn't last very long.

Not many in the C-D were keen to work at the front. 

when E-F caught us we suddenly got a shot of espresso which didn't last very long.

Was pondering why the normal fast guys on my Strava feed was alot slower ... 

The EG group really made the "pap dik aan" in beginning and we split up on the first climb.  I hung on the second split (just) and got dropped on last hill (n7) again .. that 3 pulls in middle was just to much for unfit legs.

Not sure what happened with the rest of the group as I thought I was in back split, but still ended in top half  of the EG group, even after getting dropped at end, according to Racetec....  

Edited by Karman de Lange

Seems there is always that group just behind A that is just not that keen on working, sometimes it's B sometimes C, and when the next group catches you it's too late to wake up

Love how those guys are always up for the sprint finish though...

Seems there is always that group just behind A that is just not that keen on working, sometimes it's B sometimes C, and when the next group catches you it's too late to wake up

Love how those guys are always up for the sprint finish though...

Loved the sprint at the end of C/D...so I might be 1 of them

If compare the size of AB ; CD ; EF and the rest.....CD was half the size....so nobody really worked...few "attacks" but nothing major. Once the split came on the "hill" everybody sat up again....

Edited by Robo

Loved the sprint at the end of C/D...so I might be 1 of them

If compare the size of AB ; CD ; EF and the rest.....CD was half the size....so nobody really worked...few "attacks" but nothing major. Once the split came on the "hill" everybody sat up again....

In the A-B group there were only 8 people working. Like skubbaru said, as soon as the sprint came they timed it to perfection [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

In the A-B group there were only 8 people working. Like skubbaru said, as soon as the sprint came they timed it to perfection [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

At least 2-3 of them were just Pure Savage. :thumbup:

I took a turn and got out of the wind so I don't blow up my winter-rusty engine.  :ph34r:

Edited by 'Dale

Was pondering why the normal fast guys on my Strava feed was alot slower ...

The EG group really made the "pap dik aan" in beginning and we split up on the first climb. I hung on the second split (just) and got dropped on last hill (n7) again .. that 3 pulls in middle was just to much for unfit legs.

Not sure what happened with the rest of the group as I thought I was in back split, but still ended in top half of the EG group, even after getting dropped at end, according to Racetec....

We were gunning it to catch you E-G from H. Outriders & Sportsworld worked well together. Caught the main E-G through Atlantis, but I see the front guys of your group and us did about the same time. Was a nice ride [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Any news on the Cat 2 league results?

Are we not getting results because of the misdirection by the marshal?

Results are on Ractec, but are not showing on the overall page for some or other reason with exception of one person. Filter Group = CAT2 and MALEs

If you filter only CAT2 you only get 4 riders listed one of which is a top 3 lady. First lady is not showing on the results at all, think she had a problem with her timing chip which was either not working or picked up

Edited by defender

We were gunning it to catch you E-G from H. Outriders & Sportsworld worked well together. Caught the main E-G through Atlantis, but I see the front guys of your group and us did about the same time. Was a nice ride [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wondering if EG not maybe split into 3 .. I never saw a H in the bunch I was in and I was definitely in the 2nd EG bunch and not first.

Ok, looking at racetec again , there was 3 EG bunches .. ~2:03 , 2:06, 2:14 .  so you guys must have caught the 2:14 guys, but that means about 10 min start gap ?

Edited by Karman de Lange

only have yourself to blame :whistling: , as I told Wally you guys had the numbers & should've attacked, a gamble that either pays off where one of your teamsmate take the win and you mess up the sprint for all the wheelsuckers. What played out there yesterday was criminal. Reminds me of this  :ph34r:

Results are on Ractec, but are not showing on the overall page for some or other reason with exception of one person. Filter Group = CAT2 and MALEs

If you filter only CAT2 you only get 4 riders listed one of which is a top 3 lady. First lady is not showing on the results at all, think she had a problem with her timing chip which was either not working or picked up

Thanks Defender.

I managed to find the results on PPA website if I filter cat 2.

Thanks Defender.

I managed to find the results on PPA website if I filter cat 2.

All CAT2 results are now showing under the 54km event on Racetec.

PS.. PPA & Ractec results are the same database

Edited by defender