[Event] West Coast Express League And Funride

Outriders Press Office

#%@#@#$%@#!@#   I was lekker riding on last years one tonner seeding..... now actually have to keep fit

Wait .....  So no more falling back to V and help out buddy as you will end up with @#%#4 seeding as well ?  Or is it per normal time penalty seeding thing.

link to blog  please seeing PPA still have old details on site

http://puresavage.co.za/2017/09/pure-savage-west-coast-express-race-report.html/

Here is the blog, enjoy :D

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every event you get your most recent seeding. 

this is done to keep the groups smaller and of similar abilities. 

Gone are the days of smashing an in July and riding that puppy till June! Its all in the blog as well :P

So that one standout performance are going to last you 6-8 months instead of the full season?

Not sure its going to make a big difference in practice? But still a good initiative from PPA

Oh - and nice write-up  :thumbup:

So that one standout performance are going to last you 6-8 months instead of the full season?

Not sure its going to make a big difference in practice? But still a good initiative from PPA

Oh - and nice write-up  :thumbup:

If they give more penalty to older events, it should as it will force people to actually do more events to keep "current" . Not sure if they did that though, very little info available.

If they give more penalty to older events, it should as it will force people to actually do more events to keep "current" . Not sure if they did that though, very little info available.

I think they were quite consistent in giving through the penalties on the seeding index. "Problem" was wat Savage mentioned, if you managed to start your season with a good seeding you were set for the whole season with your permanent number even if your actual index dropped

Yes you will be "forced" to do more events, but I think the majority of people with good PPA seedings do a number of events anyway. My guess is the peeps "working the system" were more the exception than the rule.

I think they were quite consistent in giving through the penalties on the seeding index. "Problem" was wat Savage mentioned, if you managed to start your season with a good seeding you were set for the whole season with your permanent number even if your actual index dropped

Yes you will be "forced" to do more events, but I think the majority of people with good PPA seedings do a number of events anyway. My guess is the peeps "working the system" were more the exception than the rule.

Have heard that even in the previous Sportif's there were mid fielder's popping their timing chips in mates pockets for better seedings...

Wonder if many people know if racetec takes photos when you cross the line for this exact purpose  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  

forced to more events - sportif this weekend and then ?

Have heard that even in the previous Sportif's there were mid fielder's popping their timing chips in mates pockets for better seedings...

Wonder if many people know if racetec takes photos when you cross the line for this exact purpose  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  

wtf what would be the point of that? If you are fast enough its not hard to get a good seeding by yourself and if you are not the fast groups will drop you at the first climb anyway - will never understand humanity...

wtf what would be the point of that? If you are fast enough its not hard to get a good seeding by yourself and if you are not the fast groups will drop you at the first climb anyway - will never understand humanity...

I also have no idea, its rather funny there are 2 guys who have obviously cheated their seeding. You can spot them from a mile away.. No idea why they do it? He was dropped on the flats spent the day being passed by groups, my folks even passed him...

I also have no idea, its rather funny there are 2 guys who have obviously cheated their seeding. You can spot them from a mile away.. No idea why they do it? He was dropped on the flats spent the day being passed by groups, my folks even passed him...

He might have been damn good in hill climb event, but suck on flats . . . . . 

#chipdopping :huh:

He might have been damn good in hill climb event, but suck on flats . . . . .

maybe if they timed the down hill part of the hill climb, gravity is on his side.