Safety light for donation

Pure Savage

Hi all,

After our Qhubeka bike we have found that a real issue are the commuters being invisible without lights. 

So we are thinking of handing out some lights and reflectors. 

Trying to find the "best" light to give away, needs to be good price, last long, simple to operate etc. Suggestions?

Reflectors? Thinking of a roll of that yellow automotive tape cut out and help stick that on the guys bikes. Any other suggestions?

We have got a small corporate who said they will pledge a little cash into this as well. So  want to make the bucks help as many dudes as possible. 

Shot

Have a look at china town. In particular the torches. However you will need a bike mount with it.

I know the little swat LED torch pushes 900- 1000lumens and they go for about R150.

Keep me posted

I got a rechargeable head light from China town, for about R150 and has 3 modes, I use it for my night rides at modders, lasts about 1 1/2 hrs on low setting.

At one of the freedom jozi rides they were giving away these reflective 'straps'- they really slapped just them on our wrists and it turns out they are very cool as they just wrap around anything - so they can go on different parts of the bike, plus they don't need batteries, something that's not cheap and I'm sure most commuters can't afford to spend extras. 

I'll see if I can find any branding on to see where they came from as I imagine they would be cheaper. Also reflective vests. anything non battery. 

At one of the freedom jozi rides they were giving away these reflective 'straps'- they really slapped just them on our wrists and it turns out they are very cool as they just wrap around anything - so they can go on different parts of the bike, plus they don't need batteries, something that's not cheap and I'm sure most commuters can't afford to spend extras. 

I'll see if I can find any branding on to see where they came from as I imagine they would be cheaper. Also reflective vests. anything non battery. 

Thats what we were thinking. Problem is sometimes at dusk the reflectors are not amazing. I was thinking that the silicone little lights would be great, but at R50 from bike shop would not get many. But at R9 rand a pop its not too bad. 

Hey there noble savages

I have 30 of these silicone multifunction lights

* some of them may need a new battery (type 2032) they have been sitting around a while

if you guys are willing to give them to needy commuters just come pick them up and they yours

PM me

steve

Wow awesome Steve! Will pop you a PM tomorrow!! 

(Real work is kicking my butt at the moment)

Congratulations, this is a great initiative.

Lights are essential, as are reflectors. One problem with lights is that batteries are expensive and the cheap lights are crap.

I strongly feel that reflective  leg bands, reflective tape on cranks, etc goes a long way to helping.

I still have the yellow SABS reflective tape on the rear-facing surface of my cranks from Dash days, ultra visible and cheap 

Have a look at www.wish.com. Cheap, cheap. You can find just about anything on there.

Edited by Cippo

B, drop me a line. Team Genasys will love to contribute to this initiative.

If you are going to bring 200 of those lights at that price, we will cover you for half the cost.

And I'll cover the other half

Thats an amazing offer!! Thanks will do, just woke up to find my uber account hacked and someone uber blacking around New York on my card. So thats getting cancelled today, will let you guys know when I plan to order.