[Event] Coronation Double Century 2017

06rush

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good to read about the drafting and punching. Its actually f...ked up!

A few of those guys in that team are very buff!

We lodged a complaint for the drafting on the route (which was never radioed in), and another at the finish, and the team that I cannot mention responded by saying that they were trying to pass us. For 30kms.

Race commissars weren't really interested in actually doing their job and so let the result stand (despite witnesses, Racetec timing, and Stava FlyBy analysis).

We lodged a complaint for the drafting on the route (which was never radioed in), and another at the finish, and the team that I cannot mention responded by saying that they were trying to pass us. For 30kms.

Race commissars weren't really interested in actually doing their job and so let the result stand (despite witnesses, Racetec timing, and Stava FlyBy analysis).

Well when upstanding members of the PPA themselves do this, you cannot expect much. Then they even the cheek to comment about the draft. "a bit" = from Trudouw all the way to OpTrudouw.....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNU67R7jCpV/?taken-by=patchelicious

Great report, pity about the tagger on ers. 

Once again, awesome blog!

We didn't have many issues with others drafting off our team, and for the most part we rode them off. There were the usual sections where we got stuck in the shoal, but it wasn't for km's on end. Our team also had some frequent unscheduled stops, due to a recurring mechanical (pilot/stoker chain on one of tandems came off about 30 times), which cost us at least 20min, but we finished as a complete tandem team in 6H32. There was one slightly hairy moment when some of us were blasting down the hill shortly after Op De Tradouw, and split some of the Pure Savages at the back, and then a car came up the hill while we were all a 'little' over the white line !! This caused much excitement with a pedestrian walking on the side of the road.

Too much fun we had :-)

post-1493-0-18462900-1512742176_thumb.jpg

post-1493-0-84798600-1512742193_thumb.jpg

post-1493-0-80372900-1512742220_thumb.jpg

post-1493-0-42472000-1512742252_thumb.jpg

post-1493-0-67064700-1512742288_thumb.jpg

post-1493-0-79890900-1512742307_thumb.jpg

post-1493-0-39819300-1512742337_thumb.jpg

post-1493-0-68828300-1512742354_thumb.jpg

post-1493-0-14739500-1512742385_thumb.jpg

We didn't have many issues with others drafting off our team, and for the most part we rode them off. There were the usual sections where we got stuck in the shoal, but it wasn't for km's on end. Our team also had some frequent unscheduled stops, due to a recurring mechanical (pilot/stoker chain on one of tandems came off about 30 times), which cost us at least 20min, but we finished as a complete tandem team in 6H32. There was one slightly hairy moment when some of us were blasting down the hill shortly after Op De Tradouw, and split some of the Pure Savages at the back, and then a car came up the hill while we were all a 'little' over the white line !! This caused much excitement with a pedestrian walking on the side of the road.

Too much fun we had :-)

Ja, Calvin was in that split, got to 92km/h in the Froome position holding on for dear life.

Who’s the storck **** that threw a punch. I have no problem going to pay him a visit

Your skinny cyclist arms will be no match for those guns.