[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

& For me.

Interesting to hear the ladies starting in Fish Hoek again this year.

What time do they start, I assume they the first finishers on the route?

& for me too see you there.

& For me.

Interesting to hear the ladies starting in Fish Hoek again this year.

Is this confirmed?

I reckon front riders of $,& and @ Will all be on their own till the end.

None of these groups Will be caught.

Hi. Norwegian participant here and having trouble getting answers from the race office so I thought perhaps someone here at the forum might know! :)

Question: in the CTCT start-list there is a category called "racing age group" which starts before the regular seeded groups 1A etc. What is this? Is this what previously was called VA (or something) for master racers?

Asking because I am trying to get correct seeding in the race, which isn't easy as an international participant... particularly with lack of information on the web-site. I am a pretty competitive cyclist and also Norwegian national masters champion 40y+. Participated in the Argus in 2014 (then I was put in "A" and placed 2nd) but that result is now too old to result in any meaningful auto-seeding.

thanks

Does anyone know anything about doing the argus twice? Heard a rumour that those that bought a 2nd entry last year will get that one again and even for free #wishfulthinking

:whistling:  :clap:

Hi. Norwegian participant here and having trouble getting answers from the race office so I thought perhaps someone here at the forum might know! :)

Question: in the CTCT start-list there is a category called "racing age group" which starts before the regular seeded groups 1A etc. What is this? Is this what previously was called VA (or something) for master racers?

Asking because I am trying to get correct seeding in the race, which isn't easy as an international participant... particularly with lack of information on the web-site. I am a pretty competitive cyclist and also Norwegian national masters champion 40y+. Participated in the Argus in 2014 (then I was put in "A" and placed 2nd) but that result is now too old to result in any meaningful auto-seeding.

thanks

The front bunches is bit of different "setup" and you will not ever be auto seeded into there, race office must do it "manually"

Best is to get hold of race office and explain to them,  maybe use the query my race seeding button.  They normally reply to all emails (if not marked as spam) , if you don't get response within 2-3 days, give them call .

You might have to show your ICU UCI (or equivalant) racing license etc etc

Edit: coffee laps

Edited by Karman de Lange

............You might have to show your ICU (or equivalant) racing license etc etc

He's too fast, healthy and young to have an ICU racing license! ;) Just kidding, I know you meant UCI :) 

Flip, what happened that such an early group got congested?

No idea, but we were at least 50/60 strong and came to a complete halt as we couldn't pass this bunch heading into Simons Town. Trying to get through was a nightmare. By the time we got through, at least 15/20 stronger guys were off in the distance.

Then, managed to organise a group to push on, going well, then bang, another bunch caught a kilometer before Chappies. Same routine, After I got out, I time trialed all the way to the finish with some guys.

I have no idea how some people got seeded like this. Hoping 1C is better. 

Mental note: don't post before had morning coffee

:D Just as well I've already had coffee or I wouldn't have spotted a clown riding a unicycle across my keyboard.

Edited by DJR

Is this confirmed?

I reckon front riders of $,& and @ Will all be on their own till the end.

None of these groups Will be caught.

Yes confirmed by David yesterday. They will start in Fish Hoek 15min after the elites in town, they should have a 25minute headstart basically to get to the finish. '

To be honest, nobody gets dropped down the blue route and the racing only really kicks off on Smits and Chappies. Will be nice to see a ladies sprint without the 1A bunch sprinting for 843rd place.