[Event] The Munga MTB 2017

Slowbee

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

So after a lengthy management meeting it turns out I am going to have to withdraw out of this year (again !)

We have lost a key member at work and I am having to take up a lot of slack. It means I am battling to find the time to train and get into shape. I said it earlier, given the current economic state, work comes first. There is just so much going on right now and cycling has to take a bit of a back seat. There will always be another Munga.

So go Vetseun! I for sure will be dot watching.

So after a lengthy management meeting it turns out I am going to have to withdraw out of this year (again !)

We have lost a key member at work and I am having to take up a lot of slack. It means I am battling to find the time to train and get into shape. I said it earlier, given the current economic state, work comes first. There is just so much going on right now and cycling has to take a bit of a back seat. There will always be another Munga.

Sorry to hear, all the best at work and as you say there is always next year.

Aah no!  That's terrible.   :thumbdown:

Sorry to hear. Suddenly I feel very lonely.

you've got all of us rooting for you dude. 

Have to agree, we are all rooting for you !

and besides, you are doing 200km on weekends, you only have to that 6 times in a row and you will be finished :clap:

I've been a tad lazy this winter. Got busy with this and that and targeted the beginning of August to start training for this year's Munga. I took advantage of the midweek holiday on the 9th August to go for a spin. Early into the ride I took a silly slow speed tumble and hurt my thigh. A sonar revealed a haematoma that'll keep me off my bike for at least 6 weeks. It's been almost 3 weeks and the improvement is low to negligible. Going to be interesting getting into shape. Hopefully I can get back on my bike early October. 8 weeks should be enough if I stick to a proper programme. One things for sure, come November 29 I'll be on the start line in Bloemfontein. The plan was to ride a sub-70 hour race this year. Might be a big ask now but I'll still give it a whirl.

Edited by ztangi

I've been a tad lazy this winter. Got busy with this and that and targeted the beginning of August to start training for this year's Munga. I took advantage of the midweek holiday on the 9th August to go for a spin. Early into the ride I took a silly slow speed tumble and hurt my thigh. A sonar revealed a haematoma that'll keep me off my bike for at least 6 weeks. It's been almost 3 weeks and the improvement is low to negligible. Going to be interesting getting into shape. Hopefully I can get back on my bike early October. 8 weeks should be enough if I stick to a proper programme. One things for sure, come November 29 I'll be on the start line in Bloemfontein. The plan was to ride a sub-70 hour race this year. Might be a big ask now but I'll still give it a whirl.

Flippen haematomas. Been there done that a few times. Last one was a mega. Doc also said it would take a while and sort itself out. After 6 weeks, I had had enough of it. Got a second opinion.

New doc jabbed a scalpel into it. The njarras that drained from it was scary. Took 3 visits it was finally fully drained.

But that first draining offered instant and big relief.

Edited by Vetseun

Hey guys

for the serious munga contenders ..... have a look here:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/169803-serious-munga-contenders/

contact them direct.

I have closed the topic to keep things tidy and all in one place.

Hi, we are looking for some serious Munga contenders doing the 2017 race.
We would like to investigate the possibility of partnering with one (or more) contenders to gain insight into the specific event in exchange for, well, lets discuss.  
Please let me know your contact details or send a PM.
Thanks