[Event] The Munga MTB 2017

Slowbee

While we're busy listing some riders achievements, I thought I'd post Guy Jennings' "CV" from his Keto page (Keto sponsor him / he's a Keto ambassador):

I did an Everest Challenge with him, and when I was crying inside, unable to hold a conversation and was literally falling asleep going down the hill, he was just cruising along like it was a Sunday stroll.  On a fatbike nogal!  He's got the stamina for this kind of riding.  He finished 12th last year and is currently in 12th position at 500km.

Hold on a minute.

Has Guy had a hip replacement?  Both? 

Am I reading correctly or too much dot watching????

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is a 38 km lead considered considered substantial I this stage I wonder.......

2 hours sleep... I wouldn't consider it that much but MM s a machine of note.

2 hours sleep... I wouldn't consider it that much but MM s a machine of note.

True....but it just seems bizarre cos 38km is a long way (barring mechanicals or illness).

Is a 38 km lead considered considered substantial I this stage I wonder.......

Probably a 2 hour lead at most. Not that significant in this context. But it's defendable. You don't get a 2 hour lead by being a weakling ....

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

Wait... Has it started... Was it this time last year? Gawd.. Time flies... Who's in from the hub?

Edgar Stafford aka Eddie Stafford

Lester Tait aka taito

Kevin Benkenstein aka Benky (3 posts makes you a Hubber)

Jean Biermans aka JeankiePowerrr

Dale De Kiewit the one and only Vetseun

Looking at the back of the field I'm concerned with the progress of Karina Britz. Her riding pace is really slow and it is not that she has been taking in a lot of kip (5hrs). She is just an hour or so ahead of the cut off icon. Let's hope she finds something soon.

Mmmm

Jeanie is a starting to claw back.. earlier in the day there was a bigger gap than what there is now..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think the race is coming towards Jeanie and Mike Woolnough if last year is anything to go by.

It is going to be interesting to see what happens through the night. These guys are going at an incredible pace.

True....but it just seems bizarre cos 38km is a long way (barring mechanicals or illness).

That's like a 3.5km lead in a 100km race. Sounds significant but in my experience it's a heart beat. When people crack mentally a few hours is nothing.