Rook cycles

Joebike

Just too many hills along my commute ....

But is does look like a no-nonsense FUN bike ...

Started out with a back-pedal .... so it does pluck some hart-strings ....  though today I might add that back-brake option

Hi tensile steel frames mean heavy as hell. I have the same in the form of an SE Lager. But when it's flat, it doesn't matter.

• 9 months later...

so I eventually managed to pop into their Long street store, nice space, lovely bikes at great pricing and good welcoming staff .... what more can one ask for ..... oh, also walked out with a couple of free demo mud guards for some of the riders in our commute group.

Shot ROOK!

so I eventually managed to pop into their Long street store, nice space, lovely bikes at great pricing and good welcoming staff .... what more can one ask for ..... oh, also walked out with a couple of free demo mud guards for some of the riders in our commute group.

Shot ROOK!

where abouts are they ?

I am in Town for work every so often, though much higher part of Long Street .... would be nice to pop in ....

Shot ROOK!

The link is not opening on tapatalk (well for me it is not)....

Can one put on CX tyres? What is the clearance like?

I like the design lines of the Race. How flexible are they with customizing your ride? The black and red is very nice. And those bullhorn bars makes a real statement

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by CogitoErgoSum

where abouts are they ?

I am in Town for work every so often, though much higher part of Long Street .... would be nice to pop in ....

Just before the Long Street Baths

I'm riding a Rook Race (Alu frame) and it is a lot of fun

Nice bike ... one of the guys who used to commute with our group has a ROOK Race, the finer details on the bike is very nice.

BTW ... that bike is too clean, you need to ride it more :P

• 3 months later...

Anyone got one, would love there simple one, R5k looks like a lot of fun!

Know of two riders on Rook's and a 4th will be getting his soon.

The bikes look good, and the simple steel frames have a lifetime warranty - bargain.

Bought a set of their Novatec wheels about a month ago, great service from start to finish. I enjoy supporting their business.

• 5 months later...

Browsed through the website now and the bikes look awesome!

Really tempted to buy a Rook One for my commuting, especially for the winter months ahead. Then my road bike can stay at home, safe and warm.

I only have one climb on my commute back home, so the single speed is not an issue for me. Heck, it will only make me stronger with time!