Is anyone using road disc brakes at road races?

thisismyotherbike

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 years. Every reasonable race except DC (bucket list). B and C Argus. VC 94.7 and several others. Obviously they can see I am fat and useless because nobody has ever stopped me. I will NEVER ride a bike without disc brakes again.

Haha yeah it's quite different with the discs. My gripe is the in between phase of both discs and not causing different stopping speeds.

But otherwise, disrespecting the rules is not cool?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not a CSA rule, it' same UCI rule that CSA is obliged to uphold as a member, and that licensed riders need to respect as a member of a UCI body. Break that rule you may as well break all the others. And if I remember correctly it is actually the pro riders that are against the discs driving the UCI to reconsider.

Not a CSA rule, it' same UCI rule that CSA is obliged to uphold as a member, and that licensed riders need to respect as a member of a UCI body. Break that rule you may as well break all the others. And if I remember correctly it is actually the pro riders that are against the discs driving the UCI to reconsider.

You miss the point of my post. Of course rules are rules. CSA applying all rules is different story. But I'm not here to show that CSA are incompetent, Mike Bradleys twitter feed does that all by itself.

• 4 months later...

UCI re-instates disc brake trial.

A hint of logic filtering through...... 3 years max and you will see lots of rimbrakes in the classifieds

I am shopping for a new road bike and seriously looking into the disc thing, Cube agree from Chain reaction on special at the moment, the Scott is looking just as good.

I see the need for disc brakes in bad weather possibly. I just think its driven by the bike manufacturers though. Some pro's are still against it for safety reasons. One concern is the difference in braking when some are on discs and others on rim brakes especially in the rain. The manufacturers are also involved in the discussions with UCI so we know where this is going to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Uffftttt! Disc rotor cut to the bone !! 1f629.png

Katie Compton: The good thing about disc rotor slices is that they don’t hurt till much later and the bleeding that doesn’t want to stop cleans the wound nicely.

27655382_1706894352707335_57508932291355

Uffftttt! Disc rotor cut to the bone !! 1f629.png

Katie Compton: The good thing about disc rotor slices is that they don’t hurt till much later and the bleeding that doesn’t want to stop cleans the wound nicely.

27655382_1706894352707335_57508932291355

That's in cyclocross, where everyone has been on disc brakes for 8 years already

• 4 months later...

So the UCI have finally approved disc brakes for use in all road races from 1st July. 

So the UCI have finally approved disc brakes for use in all road races from 1st July. 

no idea what took so long.

quite how anyone can buy a NON disc road bike the past two years is beyond me.