Tour de France 2018

gummibear

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Consequence of the cut to 8 riders? Or them putting all their eggs in the GC basket?

I am sure if Caleb was in great shape and was winning races, he would have been put in for a few stage wins. But I am not sure that he could win a stage looking at the competition, and the route for that matter.

So whats the point of having a sprinter if he is unlikely to win a FEW stages?

I am sure if Caleb was in great shape and was winning races, he would have been put in for a few stage wins. But I am not sure that he could win a stage looking at the competition, and the route for that matter.

So whats the point of having a sprinter if he is unlikely to win a FEW stages?

Think any sprint chances or breakaway wins will be covered by Impey who I see made the cut

Ewan has had some good results against some very strong opponents this year lately.. ..Lotto Soudal are also in talks with him..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well MS better be prepared cause they faltered really badly toward the end of the Giro..will this team fare any better..

With the CE rumour-noise, I wonder what's the status with Andre Greipel at Lotto Soudal? He's always struck me as a stellar human being.

With the CE rumour-noise, I wonder what's the status with Andre Greipel at Lotto Soudal? He's always struck me as a stellar human being.

The great unknown.. poor guy had a bad 2017 and has had back luck in 2018..

Hope he has a good TDF..

Ewan has had some good results against some very strong opponents this year lately.. ..Lotto Soudal are also in talks with him..

Like?

From memory he beat Daryl once and Danny van Poppie once?

edit: I wonder what the story behind the story is....

Looks like a loose-loose situation... relationship gone south! they have spent years nurturing him, would be hard to believe that he got left out over spite due to him signing elsewhere

The likely destination looks to be Lotto-Soudal, with the Belgian team trying to sign a top-level sprinter as wins for the previously prolific André Greipel start to dry up with the German turning 36 during the Tour de France. Ewan has apparently already been offered a contract, but has not yet signed as he hopes his stock will rise with victories in the Tour in July.

Read more at http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/caleb-ewan-reportedly-set-move-lotto-soudal-replacement-andre-greipel-382153#tZIqEpfxySlKCMlL.99

White said Ewan, 23, was left out for performance reasons.

“Caleb had a solid start to the year with a stage win at Tour Down Under and a win in Europe in February, but he hasn’t won since February 11,” White said.

“So the (sprint) train hasn’t worked as he would have liked and we would have liked a lot more wins between then and now. Caleb has had 17 sprints this year and won two.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/devastated-mitcheltonscott-backflip-on-decision-to-take-caleb-ewan-to-maiden-tour-de-france/news-story/8055efadcdd34482e7963bbde68bcc3c 

Like?

From memory he beat Daryl once and Danny van Poppie once?

ey i said good results..not wins.????

Archived