Tour de France 2018

gummibear

Guys.. who the hell are we looking at for the overall young rider competition...

BERNAL..and ....who.. Bernal?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure it's good for the sport watching riders keel over and die on the side of the road ala Tom Simpson style. Not a great marketing tool for sponsors...

I don't think much would change though except all the guys could legally do it and not have to hide syringes.In my opinion theres more of a risk with doping in age groupers.The big teams can afford Dr's that are informed whereas age groupers buy the stuff at gyms and no formal monitoring.

Kicking Sagan out of the Tour last year didn’t help Demare, kicking Froome out this year won’t help Bardet either.

Technically Froome won’t be kicked out, but rather not allowed in... still doesn’t help Bardet.

#itsamondaymornng [emoji16]

Font = Comic Sans MS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technically Froome won’t be kicked out, but rather not allowed in... still doesn’t help Bardet.

Font = Comic Sans MS

You nitpick better than my wife does when she starts losing an argument. 

Font = Comic Sans MS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't there a "right of admission reserved" board up when you enter Noirmoutier-en-l'Île

Thought I would have to wait till the final week of Le Tour for some drama, at least we get it in early this year...

I don't think much would change though except all the guys could legally do it and not have to hide syringes.In my opinion theres more of a risk with doping in age groupers.The big teams can afford Dr's that are informed whereas age groupers buy the stuff at gyms and no formal monitoring.

There are tons of reasons for not going to body building "take it all" route.

1) It is still not a level playing field - drugs affect bodies differently.

2) The big money teams will still win - Sky buy the best riders and support they can. If we allowed drugs they'd buy the best drugs (they already have the best doctors).

3) It goes from the best rider who may or may not take drugs to the rider and team that is willing to take the biggest health risks.

4) Younger riders will feel even more pressure to take even more drugs and risk their health  more than they currently do.

5) It's dangerous and people will die.

The current system is flawed as hell but it's better than a free for all.

Edit: EPO "custard blood" is dangerous hence the 50% rule - alcohol and amphetamines are also a fairly lethal combo https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/3964988/tom-simpson-cyclist-death-mont-ventoux-tour-de-france-1967/

Guys.. who the hell are we looking at for the overall young rider competition...

BERNAL..and ....who.. Bernal?

It depends on how Team Sky will use him

If he must ride himself into the ground to help Froome and/or Thomas in the mountains he might struggle to win the young rider's jersey.... if not,winning it will be like a walk in the park for him.

Gotta love the UCI:

" The UCI hopes that the cycling world can now turn its focus to, and enjoy, the upcoming races on the cycling calendar. "

7a2aa29fbeb5343977ad6c4f7f2bd302.jpg

ASO has the worst inside info...

Let’s be honest, it’s just a publicity stunt.

Now to get this thread back on track...

18622763bcc6918376b9751ecc1a33ab.jpg

7a2aa29fbeb5343977ad6c4f7f2bd302.jpg

ASO has the worst inside info...

Let’s be honest, it’s just a publicity stunt.

Let's see how the French public will handle the news...and the actual race, hope they accept the final outcome and not do anything rash.

Let's see how the French public will handle the news...and the actual race, hope they accept the final outcome and not do anything rash.

Yeah, the French public... Dont worry we are sending some Savages over to watch the tour this year, will give them a stun gun for the Frenchies that step out of line :P

my world makes sense again.

Phew.

Lol the Froome fan clubs can all relax.. you can all spend today celebrating it..and then tomorrow someone can tell me who all the white jersey contenders are..

Archived