Tour de France 2018

gummibear

Yip, but funny how the teams with rider who actually get caught dont get piss thrown at them, or even the riders who come back after a ban, like Valverde and Contador. 

But that has NOTHING to do with the question I asked.

This is a valid point, I do agree with it. My personal opinion(and we all know opinions are like areseholes) is that if you have cheated and won money that is fraud and you should be in jail, but ya that is not going to happen.

I think someone who is throwing p*** is not really fit to be in a normal society, bit like any radical, no one will actually take them seriously.

Pushing legal and ethical boundaries is morally reprehensible.

Breaking them incurs sanctions.

For instance the TUE system was overhauled once it was established that it was being abused.

Do you think cycling is cleaner, dirtier or the same now? Honest question.

As for cycling, I think the doping is just on hold till it finds a new direction to move, it is never going to stop, for now I think it is slightly less than previous years but ya lets see about next year.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How funny was Quintana going over the finish line... He didn't know how to celebrate. Should he smile, throw his hands in the air, sit up straight. Clearly, it has been a while.

That rise to the finish line was ridiculously steep though. i don't think he could raise his hands.

But yeah it was pretty amusing watching him for that last 500m or so when he knew he had the stage wrapped up. He was trying so hard to keep that smile in, I actually burst out laughing. It was like half serious half smiley face.

A few journos have said it was chaotic going down the mtn with riders and fans and press and the cops stopped a lot of people, journos incl to see their passes.

So I do not think it was malicious.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

How many landed on the ground....

You are right, there is nothing suspicious that out of the 150 pro riders going down after the stage, the only one who got man handled happens to be the one being booed, pushed and having piss thrown on by the French.

Perhaps it was an innocent mistake, but it looks highly suspicious.

If the cop did that because he ID'ed CF and decided to bring him down it would be at a huge personal risk. I mean the cop would have known there would be cameras around. Pulling CF of could have cost him his job if deliberate. I know the french people (5% of them anyway) are dodgy at these events - but a well trained cop risking his job, I doubt it.

Even looking at the picture I had to look twice to confirm it was CF.

Nope, if it was my job to stop the public riding down the hill, I would have done the same as the cop. Both CF and the bodyguard should have had better clothing on to make it clear they were riders and not tourists.

SKY rain jackets on both riders would have prevented this.

Problem is that the **** will REALLY hit the fan if the bodyguard hits a cop..... French cops are NOT nice - and their judicial system really backs them up.

Judging by the photos the BG had to restrain CF

I wonder if a TDF GC contender has ever been locked up DURING the event?

How many landed on the ground....

Dunno, they all stopped when told too????‍♀️

It is terrible, yes.. nothing seems to be going right at the TDF.. and if it was malicious that would be really bad.. there is a video going around with what seems to be the cop explaining and apologising.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You are right, there is nothing suspicious that out of the 150 pro riders going down after the stage, the only one who got man handled happens to be the one being booed, pushed and having piss thrown on by the French.

Perhaps it was an innocent mistake, but it looks highly suspicious.

Word on the street is that this cop stopped a few pros a little too aggressively. I don't think it was personal.

:lol:

If the cop did that because he ID'ed CF and decided to bring him down it would be at a huge personal risk. I mean the cop would have known there would be cameras around. Pulling CF of could have cost him his job if deliberate. I know the french people (5% of them anyway) are dodgy at these events - but a well trained cop risking his job, I doubt it.

Even looking at the picture I had to look twice to confirm it was CF.

Nope, if it was my job to stop the public riding down the hill, I would have done the same as the cop. Both CF and the bodyguard should have had better clothing on to make it clear they were riders and not tourists.

Seriously??????????

Do you know how many fans wear the same kit as the riders?

In those circumstances you don’t judge the person by the kit they wear

Just look at his legs FFS , oh yes and the bike which will have a race number on it

yup - they have - Richard Vironique was overnighted I think.... afer the cops did some drug inspections.

I wonder if team sky will be sending the frence police a bill for the bike that got broken.... seems insane to tackle a cyclist going down the hill to stop him...

Saw this tweet, funny:

So, motorsport starts don't work in the tdf. Next up, a pigeon racing start, riders taken to an unknown location then released to find their own way to their hotels.

Which of his body parts was cut off? I thought guaranteed loss of limb was the reason to ban them?

Well he did recently lose his other half?

Not sure how throwing people off bikes is doing your job. Whether it's a professional rider or just a member of the public.

And anybody can buy a Sky rainjacket. That would not have made any difference.

Seriously??????????

Do you know how many fans wear the same kit as the riders?

In those circumstances you don’t judge the person by the kit they wear

Just look at his legs FFS , oh yes and the bike which will have a race number on it

Yes Seriously!

That cop is not a fanatic follower capable of identifying all riders of the TDF- he is a cop with a job to do. So some cyclist is coming down the hill at a rate of knots. How do you even see the race number behind the seat before they go past and it is to late to stop them?

What does he have to go on that this cyclist is part of the TDF and not a fan?

So I say again, if the cop did this to bring down CF as a tactic to target CF, then it was at great risk of losing his job. Rather I think the cop was doing his job and it was just tough luck it was CF, it could well have been anyone else.

Not sure how throwing people off bikes is doing your job. Whether it's a professional rider or just a member of the public.

And anybody can buy a Sky rainjacket. That would not have made any difference.

Remember, when its SKY, its always their fault. 

Archived