Scammer: AVermaak 0736403926 0833380586 0735571325 0719242226 0780588679 0632361766

Matt

These scammers don't play by the rules, so why should we?

Seriously, if this was me being scammed and a fellow hubber offered to get me the scammer's personal info based on their connections, I'd be over the moon.

If this info leads to an arrest or something then why not?

CMY44 didn't offer any personal information on the thread, but offered to present it via PM.

Anyway, just my personal take on the matter.

Your personal take on the matter does not supersede the law. Ironically unauthorized sharing of personal information is what many scammers use to make a living in the first place. Edited by Patchelicious

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s such a shame because the guys who really do work offshore wouldn’t necessarily advertise that fact in a reply to an ad, they would get their wife, girlfriend or a trusted friend to check the goods and pay, like normal people. These scammers give hardworking offshore professionals a bad name.

Edited by Louisben

Universities fees paid I guess. I have also been scammed. The Hub is not the only place these things happen. Scammers WILL be everywhere you must just be vigilant and use your brain. Don't buy with your heart it affects your thinking.

This is his profile pic on wttsup ... also got Arno Kotze on his profile claims to from vrede .... hope this helps.

attachicon.gifPike Avermaak 20171114_151317.jpg

This is his profile pic on wttsup ... also got Arno Kotze on his profile claims to from vrede .... hope this helps.

attachicon.gifPike Avermaak 20171114_151317.jpg

got scammed by the same guy today, his whatsapp profile picture is different but he is the guy on the left

got scammed by the same guy today, his whatsapp profile picture is different but he is the guy on the left

o no, where are you ads, here on the hub?

Not saying it is a scam, but this is exactly how I was scammed.

Too far away to drive

He'll call back (you can't call to whatever number he's calling from)

Be careful, I have already reported as a possible scam

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-bicycles-cycling/knysna/rockshox-pike/1002173396990911304702109

Edit, Google reverse image search shows the image has been taken off an eBay post

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZiu6yM91RdgONIoFupZ2VrYfhPaICyWZhbhYkWtX1mayhVETCvT2tCClZESDtfPx1zzTRAoQNgVu9IBWgSXoPBTpyNj1BshxbwDTXW2z_1rYUL9Od2vnn7WHsJp5VfgW1GWkkliKm3s5nfiUne_1OClKsa1bZ51UALRQ5u5Lie4u71JLkF7ujzZCpHshR4dKlJCy0EehGT9K0IMwDWao7Jj762rrKbU42Z8KpAL_1B4oZloauHxpyTKKDLiWCDgXacNE0JIS3uf7k2OXm01SQd_1QhdDqldS0v_1MT1MDRNG6IiDQ_166CWcivuTOO1pdMLuQTytfEh2X9aHUUzSQXLw4HmD_176L9IVA

Edited by Tomoutside

Definitely still active as Andrew Jordaan or AJ Vermeulen, tel number 0735571325, responded to a wanted advert I posted. Afrikaans accent.

Just been paid R800 to a bank account. The guy contacted me from the same number now he is gone quiet. School fees. Will report this to saps and get a case number tomorrow

It's screwing everything up for honest people.

Sold a Giant Anthem to a guy whom I've never met, who never saw the bike nor me. He just paid via internet banking and asked us to drop the bike off at a friends house.

Hes some big shot lawyer so he probably knew me pretty well before paying.

Must admit I was sceptical at first. Sounded too good to be true, but it worked out.

So yes... Some honest people out there still. Just a pitty the tsotsies want their share.

Edited by Boerklong

Just been paid R800 to a bank account. The guy contacted me from the same number now he is gone quiet. School fees. Will report this to saps and get a case number tomorrow

Someone paid you R800?

Definitely still active as Andrew Jordaan or AJ Vermeulen, tel number 0735571325, responded to a wanted advert I posted. Afrikaans accent.

Oh for FS!!! I've just been taken for R650 by this twat! He replied to my wanted advert, send me images of the item, they looked good.  Sent him money via FNB Wallet. He confirmed receipt and now he appears to have vanished.

Will report this to SAPS. Will also discuss with FNB and see if I can't get the wallet transfer reversed.

Update...

Called FNB and asked for help. Unfortunately using an eWallet is as anonymous as using cash, so I couldn't get the real name for this bastard (or a reverse of transfer).

However, FNB have now suspended the eWallet linked to the number 0735571325.

FNB were also kind enough to let me know that the funds from that eWallet were withdrawn from an ATM in Mangaung in the Freestate (Kenworth Shopping Cetre). I will now have to open a case with the SAPS. They will then need to subpoena the bank for footage of that action. Hopefully, if that is granted, we can identify "Andrew Jordaan".

Edited by Simon Kolin

Oh for FS!!! I've just been taken for R650 by this twat! He replied to my wanted advert, send me images of the item, they looked good.  Sent him money via FNB Wallet. He confirmed receipt and now he appears to have vanished.

Will report this to SAPS. Will also discuss with FNB and see if I can't get the wallet transfer reversed.

the ads you've got are for 8spd cassettes and stuff

So the guy had to do a bit of work to send you something looking legit?

He clearly knows a bit about bikes.

CLEARLY reading this right now.

I do hope the bloem massiv can sort this tjaaina out.

Hi. Hope you all well.

Posted an ad for sale of an Ibis Mojo HD-R on Sat 2nd Dec. got this reply on WhatsApp:

“I am interested in buying the bike. Kindly get back to me via email at richardsonadam2010@gmail.com waiting to hear from you soon”

My reply to that: Hi. No problem, will send email. You are welcome to check the bike out at the bike park. Are you far from Constantia?

Followed by email: Hi

What questions do you have about the bike?

Kind regards

Ben

Sent from my iPhone.

His email reply: I'm really interested in buying this as a surprise for my cousin but only if you can assure me it's in a good condition. I am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore. I really want this to be a surprise for my cousin so I won't let him know anything about this until it gets delivered to him, I am sure he will be more than happy with it. It will be secured paying via PayFast as I'm on a rig offshore. So let me know if you have an account with Payfast so I can make the payment. Note well: Pickup agent will come for the pickup as soon as I have made the payment.

My reply :https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/146091-scammer-alert-for-gumtree-sellers/

Thank you guys for helping me be more aware of this.

His email is richardsonadam2010@gmail.com

His number is 061 011 7823

Adam Richardson.

Cheers and thanks again

You can report that address to PayPal.

If it is legit, it will be blocked.