Giro d'Italia 2018: The Most Beautiful Grand Tour

'Dale

Froome is looking terrible so unless he finds a BIG inhaler I don't see him doing anything at the Giro. He's already said that the main target is TDF.

Yates seems to have a lot of heart but Tom is just there watching.

At this stage it seems that Tom is happy to avoid the pink jersey.

Can't go to the Giro and hope to get form later on.. its hard racing from the start always has been, that is why the Giro-TDF double is hard to do...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah right now TD is in full control of this..Yates is looking good and he was full gas on that climb but TD is in control.

Unless he finds new ways to loose time he is going to walk it.Pinot and Froome will probably be the main instigators during week 3.

Yates will do well to follow them in the big mountains but I think we going to see something simular to Cadel leading the Giro when he was still so young..cracked with 2 days to go.

I also think Pinot will come forward this weekend and Monday while TD is just staying close enough for the moment to pounce in week 3.

This weekend will determine who can go on to win it and who will fall out of contention5a1674b15ad7cb0e3931bde228517072.jpg3efdef7215b642645b76c63eba60daef.jpg

This weekend will determine who can go on to win it and who will fall out of contention3efdef7215b642645b76c63eba60daef.jpg

I think that Sapped day is the one to watch. The Zoncolan day could cancel it's self out because it's just so hard and the last few times they've been up there it's just been survival and no one wants to make a dig, blow and be dropped. It's a best all the way to the line so in the last km maybe. 

Or maybe because it's the giro TomD will attack at the Duroni and turn the clock back. Doubt it though

WTF is that supposed to imply  :cursing:

As the parent of a Ginger, it's nice to have someone other than Prince Harry as a role model.

It's rather slim pickings for young boys otherwise.

1 Lucille Ball. 

2 Julianne Moore. 
3 Prince Harry. 
4 Anne of Green Gables.
5 Grace Coddington.
6 Jessica Chastain.
7 Jessica Rabbit.
8 Karen Elson.
9 Nicole Kidman
10 The Little Mermaid

There are more cartoon characters on that list than there are male role models.

(https://www.huffingtonpost.co.za/entry/famous-redheads_us_563b4d77e4b0307f2cac2111)

O'Connor

"I'm just taking it day-by-day, for sure. That's how I usually do things. I tend not to count down: six days to go, five days, whatever. I'm taking the opportunities when I can because I don't know how good I'll be in the third week. If I stay this good, maybe the top 10 on GC is possible, but then that's usually so far out of reach for someone doing their first Grand Tour. That'll be really difficult.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/oconnor-makes-an-impact-at-giro-ditalia-in-debut-grand-tour/

How did Bennet keep his bike in such a straight line yesterday? Usually, especially when other riders are around him, his bike seems to be very unstable.

Difficult to make a prediction at this stage.

Yates needs to worry about Tom

Tom needs to worry about Pinot

General 1  51h 57' 55'' 2  +47'' 3  +1' 04'' 4  +1' 18'' 5  +1' 56''

Once the ITT is over on Tuesday things will probably be a bit different.

Come now, lets just be adults here, NOBODY needs to worry about Pinot except Marc Madiot!

The only time the riders worry about Pinot, is when they need to decide between a tage or a noir.

Or a Gris :-)

Apart from BenO'C and NathanialB going up the road once they don't seem to have been trying, or succeeding, to make it in to a break. With MainCheese floundering you'd think that some of them would be keen to try their hand. 

Dimension Data

141 Louis Meintjes
142 Igor Anton
143 Natnael Berhane
144 Ryan Gibbons
145 Benjamin King
146 Ben O’Connor
147 Jacques J. van Rensburg
148 Jaco Venter

Meanwhile at Tour of Norway, Lars Boom is in kakkastraat as he went Rocky Balboa on another cyclist ????????‍♂️

The only time the riders worry about Pinot, is when they need to decide between a tage or a noir.

Agreed...many commentators mention Pinot and make a big Hoo-Haa about him, but to be honest he has not been a contender at all for the full 3 weeks / Grand Tours...

Meanwhile at Tour of Norway, Lars Boom is in kakkastraat as he went Rocky Balboa  NACER BOUHANNI on another cyclist ‍♂

this is a cycling forum after all 

Archived