Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

has anybody read Chris Froome's autobiography? I have, but cannot remember him mentioning in the book at all that he suffered from Asthma.... I would love someone to correct me or if you remember to agree with me on this.... 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

has anybody read Chris Froome's autobiography? I have, but cannot remember him mentioning in the book at all that he suffered from Asthma.... I would love someone to correct me or if you remember to agree with me on this....

No mention other than Bilharzia... as far as my December brain recalls ????????‍♂️

It is hard not to draw parallels between US Postal and Team Sky. From the team being maniacal about every aspect of the preparation, to team selection so focused on only one rider to the point they buy other GC riders to act as domestiques, to how the team principals bully the press the moment an individual goes against them...

How many bottles of water did they say he went through that day? It was something silly like 70 - drinking and cooling himself combined.

The engine was running HOT!

I find it hard to believe that a team would make the same mistake twice.. Not that Sky and US Postal are the same but surely this type of scenario would be considered far in advance to prevent either a) a negative test or b) him getting caught.

I use both Ventheze and Symbicort to manage both my Asthma and my damn nasal issues.. The respiratory system is linked and to alleviate issues with one you need to treat the the other. It’s something I need to embrace for the rest of my life. Fortunately my lung function tests come back with a well above average capacity but others aren’t so lucky.

Does it give me an advantage or marginalize me from pro competition? I’m 44 so who cares. As long as my form increases year on year and I stay free of any from of respiratory handicap then I soldier on.

If he is subject to it as severely as made out then I feel for him and ******* kudos for getting where he did with it.

No mention other than Bilharzia... as far as my December brain recalls [emoji1439]‍♂️

Wasnt it a well kept secret until that Dauphine video?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Salbutamol is hectic if you have too much by inhaler. I did once and it made me jumpy and nauseous. Couldn’t see large doses helping a rider. Having said that, I know **** all about the science behind this, but it does appear that some people on this thread are adding 1 + 1 and getting Lance

Salbutamol is hectic if you have too much by inhaler. I did once and it made me jumpy and nauseous. Couldn’t see large doses helping a rider. Having said that, I know **** all about the science behind this, but it does appear that some people on this thread are adding 1 + 1 and getting Lance

Naha.. 1 +1 = 2000...[emoji6]

So did he sleep in a special high pressure Ventolin tent the night before, or did he just have a couple puffs too many before the final climb ("Was that 6 puffs or only 5, in all this excitement of wearing the pink jersey I've kind of lost track")?

So did he sleep in a special high pressure Ventolin tent the night before, or did he just have a couple puffs too many before the final climb ("Was that 6 puffs or only 5, in all this excitement of wearing the pink jersey I've kind of lost track")?

Red jersey.. dammit..don't confuse them..[emoji35][emoji6]..

I'm guessing the SKY medical think tank is brainstorming ideas on how to "replicate" 2000ng/ml of salbutamol for when Chris does his UCI test. I'd love to be a fly on that wall!!!

I'm guessing the SKY medical think tank is brainstorming ideas on how to "replicate" 2000ng/ml of salbutamol for when Chris does his UCI test. I'd love to be a fly on that wall!!!

Think they have been in the think tank since 20 September when Froome was informed.

What they're not talking about is that Salbutamol works very well as a fat burner when taken orally, pretty much the same as clen. I'd bet most of those pros claiming that it's for asthma are actually taking an oral form for the fat loss and muscle gaining properties.

Edited by Phatman

And Contador served a ban for clenbuterol (very similar to salbutamol - also a bronchodilator) when his levels were 40 times LESS than the detectable threshold for a lab to be WADA accredited.

That's how justice rolls in all facets of life. Depends who you are.............