Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

You mean until it’s flat (beaten flat) and then someone blows it up again ( usualy out of proportion)

Love your work!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But therein is the reveal. Perhaps he sees himself as more of a social commentator than a scientist?

If he's still at UFS, it may be interesting to note that many SA universities track their academics' social media presence and equate that to an equivalent advertising revenue for the university, so more brownie points for you, with your university, the more you are 'seen' out there.....

+1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's been cleared....so why's this thread still going?

May be fair or not but this is going to dog CF forever.

The brief read of the data they have given the BBC is mind blowing to a very part time cyclist like me. I can see how doing the hard work both on and off the bike could give them an advantage over less thorough teams but surely this level of the sport, they are all on this kind of regime? Or is Sky just so well funded/motivated they can go at it at a micro level like this?

The brief read of the data they have given the BBC is mind blowing to a very part time cyclist like me. I can see how doing the hard work both on and off the bike could give them an advantage over less thorough teams but surely this level of the sport, they are all on this kind of regime? Or is Sky just so well funded/motivated they can go at it at a micro level like this?

Absolutely. 

When I look at some of the riders at the start of a GT they appear to have slight pot bellies (boepies). They appear to gradually reduce these but not all the riders.

What I'm seeing in the data is that Sky  used the first 10 days of the Giro as final race prep and then had Froome peak in the last week when h e needed to be on form. In the past they appeared to peak in the 2nd week and then hang on during week three.

Nibali has used the peaking at the right time to great effect in the past so I don't think what SKY is doing is new, I believe they are just reading the race and the day to day requirements a lot better and therefore planning to a more granular level than the others. That BBC article shows marginal gains at work. To lose 2kg and time that loss to coincide with physical peaking takes some robust and proven sports science.

It would appear the other teams just aren't applying the sports science as effectively and I guess when your DS are ex pro's (not the sharpest tools in the shed) then they're more likely to cling to old ideas than implement practices they don't understand

And there you have it. I said right at the beginning of the thread that  I would wait for the inquiry to be completed rather than arm myself with a pitch fork.His and Sky's "stubborn" approach as its been suggested to not bow to critics and remove himself during the inquiry has been correct.  

Aston Villa and Real Madrid are also probably on the same regime.

Doesn't mean they are equal.

Go the Villans!

I reckon Sky released those details to give the impression they are doing 'stuff' no one else is. I don't know what the other big teams are doing but if they're not doing something similar to what's in the article I'd be seriously surprised.

Go the Villans!

I reckon Sky released those details to give the impression they are doing 'stuff' no one else is. I don't know what the other big teams are doing but if they're not doing something similar to what's in the article I'd be seriously surprised.

I don't think they are doing much differently to others. I do think think they do more than others though. 

What I mean is, lets say there are 9 things that can be done.

Team A does 1,2 and 3.

Team B does 4,5 and 6

Team C does 7,8 and 9

SKY does 1-9

SKY isn't actually doing anything differently to the other teams, and those who argue that other teams do what SKY does aren't wrong. But they might be collectively doing more though. Note: I am not saying this is what SKY does, I am merely pointing out the flaw in the argument that people make when they say "but Movistar also does that, and FDJ also does that".

I however think they released it more as a middle finger to the militant haters and to buy more support from their supporters and those who are on the fence.

-snip-

I however think they released it more as a middle finger to the militant haters and to buy more support from their supporters and those who are on the fence.

There must also be huge pressure on Sky now so I think they're deflecting. For me there's a big question mark over them, for others that's not so and that's cool. I'm still going to enjoy the Tour but there are no Sky riders in my Fantasy team.  :)

There must also be huge pressure on Sky now so I think they're deflecting. For me there's a big question mark over them, for others that's not so and that's cool. I'm still going to enjoy the Tour but there are no Sky riders in my Fantasy team:)

Not aiming for the win just participation medal then? :whistling: 

There must also be huge pressure on Sky now so I think they're deflecting. For me there's a big question mark over them, for others that's not so and that's cool. I'm still going to enjoy the Tour but there are no Sky riders in my Fantasy team.  :)

Imagine how cool this pressure and focus on SKY must be for the other teams?

With all this attention on SKY the others have had very little scrutiny on them.