Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

I wonder if CF riding crazy distances around the cradle area this past month is an attempt to recreate an environment similar to the Velta ... high heat and dehydrated??

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if CF riding crazy distances around the cradle area this past month is an attempt to recreate an environment similar to the Velta ... high heat and dehydrated??

Very likely they are doing some of this.

Edit: I think, in my opinion.

Find this interesting:

“That is why Sky is better [with him] off the road. But I can’t force them.” he added.

Seems the French will use every opportunity to get a champion...

"I can't win if Froome is there" - comes to mind.

The Boonster weighs in

https://cpofficial.com/chris-froomes-salbutamol-controversy-actually-something-stupid-says-tom-boonen/

“There have been suspicions for a long time” the World Champion said, reported Sporza,  “now they have found the stick to hit him,” he continued.

For Boonen, a key component of the outcry has been Team Sky’s success, a feat that has seen the British team winning five Tours de France and a Vuelta a España title in just seven years. Boonen claims that “Sky arouses that envy,” suggesting that this Salbutamol case was something that “everyone was waiting for”.

“I think it’s actually something stupid.” He told the audience, “It didn’t make Froome wins or lose the Tour de France or Vuelta.”

Boonen, who has had his own run in with doping control, was found to have taken cocaine in 2008. Fortunately for him he wasn’t given a ban from cycling but was prevented from taking part in the Tour de France that year.

That’s something which UCI president, David Lappartient, hopes will happen with Froome should his Salbutamol case not be decided before the summer. The Frenchman believes that if Froome were to race the Tour and be found guilty, it would “heavily dent” the image of cycling.

That's what I read online somewhere, but then the "kidney failure" option Sky chose to pursue means they can't go down the Pharmacokinetic test route. It's a win-or-bust option.

Medical-related stuff is not my strong point, so I best stop saying anything else.

I Wonder if the Laureus dudes know's about CF's current situation ? :ph34r:  :whistling:

or Lewis social media situation, or Ronaldo's tax situation.... shame those poor judges will struggle to pick somebody without stepping some persons toes.

Very likely they are doing some of this.

Edit: I think, in my opinion.

This was floating around on Twitter. It’s speculated that the reason why he is doing grand tour stage distances every day is to recreate Vuelta conditions. And then try and find the needle in the haystack.

...“now they have found the stick to hit him,”....“I think it’s actually something stupid.”..... “It didn’t make Froome wins or lose the Tour de France or Vuelta.”...

My thought exactly.

Don't know why they are doing all this testing and thirst inducing simulations. Froome should simply claim that some salbutamol got into his bicarb capsules..... Gets off, gets forgiven and can win again.

Froome should simply claim that some salbutamol got into his bicarb capsules..... Gets off, gets forgiven and can win again.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] CHIRP OF THE DAY.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Poels on Froome: It is best for everyone to get clarity quickly

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/poels-on-froome-it-is-best-for-everyone-to-get-clarity-quickly/

"I think that it is best for everyone to get clarity quickly so that we all know what will happen," Poels told NUsport. "Not only for us as teammates, but also for Chris himself. The other riders from the peloton also want to know where they stand, I understand that."

Poels on Froome: It is best for everyone to get clarity quickly

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/poels-on-froome-it-is-best-for-everyone-to-get-clarity-quickly/

"I think that it is best for everyone to get clarity quickly so that we all know what will happen," Poels told NUsport. "Not only for us as teammates, but also for Chris himself. The other riders from the peloton also want to know where they stand, I understand that."

This is why I maintain its doing them more harm than good with Sky dragging this k@k out.

Team mates getting a touch edgy I reckon....

Apologies if this was covered above, but what are the timeline and testing he needs to comply with for this to be concluded?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived