Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

Why don't these scientist invest their time into finding solutions.. fekkit we all know that there is a problem with the science..go find a solution go spend that time and effort to perfecting the science behind excretion and bla bla ..it won't just help with anti doping but with medicine on general.. who knows their may be a nice shiny reward if you get it right.

The horse is dead stop beating it ffs.

I would rather hear a scientists view who has f all opinion on sport and no personal opinion on riders than these lot... scientist are supposed to study the science and be impartial on who the test subject is.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Is he a scientist or a coach?

Oh wait.... he is a professional speaker.... needs a public profile to generate income....

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is he a scientist or a coach?

Oh wait.... he is a professional speaker.... needs a public profile to generate income....

Exactly......

GCN are spruiking the rumour that Sky uncovered up to 10 professionals during their evidence gathering who have gone through this process for Salbutamol (under wraps and not leaked) and managed to explain their AAF so no action was taken, names cleared and no pitchforks were lit. This was used as precedent and over turned everyones 'Ullisi / Petta' got banned so Froome must get banned' rule. 

If true then interesting that not one of them put their hand up to speak out. 5 or so riders saying what happened to them and how it's a process would have taken some of the heat out of the farce. 

Edit: Alluded to in the Cyclingnews / Telegraph piece. 

"There are a lot of athletes who have been through this process and been cleared of wrongdoing without the cases being made public," Froome says. "People need to remember that. They are comparing mine to two or three others who received suspensions, but have failed to mention — because they aren't public — all the other cyclists and other athletes who have been through a similar process and been cleared. Quite a few reached out to me, shared their information and explained what they have been through. That gave me some hope."

Bit more about Sky defence:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/more-details-of-chris-froomes-successful-salbutamol-defence/

and what is so annoying is that after everyone wading in on him he doesn't come out swinging. Perfect time to tell Hinault to go get ***** but comes out with this: 

Froome doesn't hold a grudge against Hinault. "He's one of the great champions. I imagine with age sometimes your wires get a little bit crossed, but if I see him I'll very happily explain it all in a bit more detail ... because he certainly got the wrong end of the stick," Froome said.

to be fair it's about as attack-dog as froome has ever been. 

Bit more about Sky defence:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/more-details-of-chris-froomes-successful-salbutamol-defence/

and what is so annoying is that after everyone wading in on him he doesn't come out swinging. Perfect time to tell Hinault to go get ***** but comes out with this:

Froome doesn't hold a grudge against Hinault. "He's one of the great champions. I imagine with age sometimes your wires get a little bit crossed, but if I see him I'll very happily explain it all in a bit more detail ... because he certainly got the wrong end of the stick," Froome said.

to be fair it's about as attack-dog as froome has ever been.

Although that comment is funny, he must just remember that he still has to ride on French roads for 3 weeks.[emoji102]

Although that comment is funny, he must just remember that he still has to ride on French roads for 3 weeks.[emoji102]

I don't think your rank-and-file French 'fan', needs BH to rev them up when it comes to Froome, Sky or things Angleterre......

I don't think your rank-and-file French 'fan', needs BH to rev them up when it comes to Froome, Sky or things Angleterre...…

To be honest if it was me I would have gone William Neesen on him. - I will look for him, I will find him, and I will give him a plat-hand possibly more than one.

I don't think your rank-and-file French 'fan', needs BH to rev them up when it comes to Froome, Sky or things Angleterre......

Verbal abuse is something the English speaking riders have become used to, lets just hope it doesn't escalate to anything more.

I am no Froome fan and i hope another rider can wear the yellow jersey in Paris..but he must be beaten on the road and not because a stupid fan did something stupid.

Verbal abuse is something the English speaking riders have become used to, lets just hope it doesn't escalate to anything more.

Fortunately I think most of the torch wielding Froomehaters are little more than angry keyboard warriors.

It will be interesting to see if there are piss hurlers and men dressed as big injectors again this year...

I am no Froome fan and i hope another rider can wear the yellow jersey in Paris..but he must be beaten on the road and not because a stupid fan did something stupid.

What, since when? This is a massive surprise. Think I need to take a minute, have a cup of tea to process this revelation. 

Well we did see a massive inhaler during the Giro.

Fortunately I think most of the torch wielding Froomehaters are little more than angry keyboard warriors.

It will be interesting to see if there are piss hurlers and men dressed as big injectors again this year...

What, since when? This is a massive surprise. Think I need to take a minute, have a cup of tea to process this revelation. 

I fear the day Sagz baby has an AAF out in the public domain.... 

I said WADA have no confidece in there procedures ..( report - that what we've seen pretty much says so much.)

I said deep pockets go a long way..

Athletes will use same defence to get themselves off the hook for other AAFs ( AAF isn't limited one drug).. go after the testing procedure ..

Micro dosing testing will get ripped apart. ..athletes will go after the procedure and not actually prove their innocence (if they are woking on how to test for micro dosing and micro dosing isn't limited to one drug)

Will we ever see the full report..

Anti doping is in trouble.

Many years ago, when everyone was paying their speeding fines in SA without question, a judges son got pulled over doing 140 odd in what was then a 90 zone. He fought the charge, not on the basis that he wasn't speeding but on the basis that the radar (they were new at the time) didn't have an up to date calibration certificate . . . .   he walked away.

Is that the best you can do..?[emoji6]

Archived