Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks

Seems that the (enter curse word here) slowed down piece of (curse word again) (curse word) iPhone has the ability to screw everything, and can’t open a Google Sheet.

Seems like it is time to move from Apple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Erm.... Yes it does. Just done it on mine.

Firstly happy 2018 all. Started great,just finished a windy 26km ride,so first training for the year is in the bank [emoji109]

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Please add me. Ipad does not want to edit. 2018 must be my year to make a fresh start and get my health back on track.

Height = 1.87m

Current weight = 107 kg

Goal weight = 87 kg

Age = 54

i added me

131Kg (just before Xmas - too scared to weigh in!)

Edit - Weighed in 134Kg OMG!!

Aiming for 110Kg by end of 2108 and 100 by end of 2019.

Cheers

stef

Edited by Stefalbertyn

Please add me. Ipad does not want to edit. 2018 must be my year to make a fresh start and get my health back on track.

Height = 1.87m

Current weight = 107 kg

Goal weight = 87 kg

Age = 54

Your are added, Good luck with the challenge!

Morning! Not on the bike yet...still some family responsibilities (a full moon hike this evening), but did remember to start capturing my food from today on MyFitnessPal [emoji85]and I completed my high level ATP as well.

Happy New Year everyone...here’s to reaching our goals! [emoji467][emoji469]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am still on holiday till Friday. I do however cycle a little bit just to not feel guilty when i attack my food and drink. Come Monday it will start in all seriousness. I noticed all lot more senior okes trying this out(40 +). is it a case of life happens or that our metabolism is slowing down? Also a few comments of to much drinking, What is to much? What is regarded as "normal"? What can one drink that is reasonably low in kilojoules?

I noticed all lot more senior okes trying this out(40 +). is it a case of life happens or that our metabolism is slowing down?

Also a few comments of to much drinking, What is to much? What is regarded as "normal"? What can one drink that is reasonably low in kilojoules?

Some of us "Senior" guys become more aware at some stage of how vulnerable our bodies are to neglect, and try to correct that neglect.

For me "too much" is any time you wake up in the morning and feel sluggish because of drinking the night before. So these days three beers is too much and I stop at two - and then not more than four nights a week.

I am still on holiday till Friday. I do however cycle a little bit just to not feel guilty when i attack my food and drink. Come Monday it will start in all seriousness. I noticed all lot more senior okes trying this out(40 +). is it a case of life happens or that our metabolism is slowing down? Also a few comments of to much drinking, What is to much? What is regarded as "normal"? What can one drink that is reasonably low in kilojoules?

Ha - maybe we've caught a wake-up that we can't carry on indefinitely without some change. For me, when I was 40, I was super-fit and around 90 kg's. I had a heart attack about three years ago (age 42), surprisingly when I was the fittest I have ever been, and part of the follow-up was medication to reduce stress, which I am still on. Since that, I have struggled to get my weight below 100kg. Not sure if it is physiological or in my head, but it is real.

As regards drinking, it is hard to say. I love beer, I love Guinness, I love company, I love braaing and I love biltong. Since moving closer to civilisation last year, I have mates nearby and a brilliant pub 200 metres down the road, so my beer consumption has gone from a couple every two weeks to half a dozen twice a week, watching rugby or braaing. Also, my traveling discipline has gone out the window, resulting in me eating more and exercising less when I am in a hotel.

These are my personal factors, probably not helped by any metabolism changes. Let's see how the next couple of months go. I am determined to reverse the trend, 

Hi Fat_cyclist..

I Have Added In your details.. do you have A goal Weight i Could enter In too?

Awesome! Thanks. My goal is 85kg. It'll be tough, but is realistic (I think).

Awesome! Thanks. My goal is 85kg. It'll be tough, but is realistic (I think).

its very achievable, last year my goal was 38 kg and although I did not make it, i cam close (33 Kg)

So 20 kg goal with the right mindset and diet and exercise plan, is no problem.

see you at 85.