Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

Would like to join too.

Started cycling 6.5 years ago. Wife wanted to do the 947 and needed a training partner. I was on the verge of self destruction and volunteered to be her training partner. At that stage I weighed in at 140+kg, smoked, etc. etc.

I have completed my 6th 947. First one this year on a tandem (with the wife). She has been amazing and stood by me through it all.

I'm now in the region of 106+kg having gained a bit over the last while. I have a truckload of excuses, but the crux is that I've slacked off and let myself go.

This year I want to focus on getting completing the "lifestyle" bit. I'm not a great cyclist, but I do really enjoy it very much. Fitness is not the best, but that can be worked on too. What I really want from myself this year is to align my actual energy needs with my intake. I believe it is possible, and just requires focus.

So, looking forward to your posts, your success and "marginal losses". Will try and motivate where possible and post an update here and there on my own progress.

Weight - 106.5

Height - 178cm

Age - 44

Hi Fat_cyclist..

I Have Added In your details.. do you have A goal Weight i Could enter In too?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to shedding some fat with you guys. Any chance this can be achieved by exercising only? Don't want to give up the beer and the odd bad meal just yet.

Veez999, I entered you on the Spreadsheet.

You can add your own data on it at link

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It is impossible to out train a completely rubbish diet, but that been said it is quite possible to still enjoy life and loose weight, just be sensible about it.

Restrict calories during the week eat clean natural (unprocessed) foods and make sure you maintain a calorie deficit. Train hard pushing your limits slightly every week. During weekends have a couple of beers and a cheat meal or two (keep moderation in mind especially when it comes to alcohol as this is often the biggest obstacle in consistent weight loss.

Do all of the above consistently and you WILL shed weight.

Hi guys, nice to see this is going again.  I have not been on the Hub for a long time, and it has been just as long as I have been off the bike.  This year just got really busy and I am also back to square 1.  Washed my bike this weekend, pumped the tires, and actually went for a windy ride on Tuesday.  I am also in, and will fight this war with all of you.

Please add my details as well.

Weight: 103kg

Height: 1.78

Target: 95kg (by June)

My training time is limited, but I do spend the whole day on my feet, walking about 10km average per day on site, so at least getting some exercise.  No to get the diet back to where it needs to be.

Gooi Kole.

Edited by Beesrib

H

Hi guys, nice to see this is going again.  I have not been on the Hub for a long time, and it has been just as long as I have been off the bike.  This year just got really busy and I am also back to square 1.  Washed my bike this weekend, pumped the tires, and actually went for a windy ride on Tuesday.  I am also in, and will fight this war with all of you.

Please add my details as well.

Weight: 103kg

Height: 1.78

Target: 95kg (by June)

My training time is limited, but I do spend the whole day on my feet, walking about 10km average per day on site, so at least getting some exercise.  No to get the diet back to where it needs to be.

Gooi Kole.

Hey BeesRib

I Have Added Your Details In, I Put your Goal Weight as 87 Kg for the year.. as this should give you a better guideline for your weight loss target..

As to limited training.. I hear you, and you can achieve your goal easily through the correct diet, having lost over 30kg in the year of 2017..which I attribute 99% to a nice sustainable diet..

but like everything in life it needs dedication ..

Ending 2k17 on 104. 3.5 up from 4 weeks ago but 4 down on this time last year. Target is 90.

December has been utter shaite

know the feeling, was doing well until August arrived .... then stress eating kicked in despite some exercise.

Suck on 92/93 and really want to get to 89, but to many biscuits and "nice" things with easy to eat non healthy take out meals has not helped the cause. Emotional eating sucks !

I need to loose 6kg (and keep it off)

Diet is okish (no sugar etc.)

My problem is the gold stuff. Going to try and cut out beer completely for Jan. And from there only on special occasions (I really like the stuff okay)

5c88f86517cf2a80afbdc0fb13ae2ba9.jpg

I need to loose 6kg (and keep it off)

Diet is okish (no sugar etc.)

My problem is the gold stuff. Going to try and cut out beer completely for Jan. And from there only on special occasions (I really like the stuff okay) 5c88f86517cf2a80afbdc0fb13ae2ba9.jpg

Ja Fanie, I just cant leave the amber liquid alone.

I am in. Can only start when I get back from Switzerland. These Swiss okes cycle all over the show in like 2 degree temps. Old school bikes like when I was a teenager. (I am 52).

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I should join you guys this year for some additional encouragement.

Ive been cycling some time and started at a weight of 100kg’s. Dropped to round 86-88 without changing to much. Was just lekke overweight. Been stuck for about 3 years till I joined a new training group and had a breakthrough mid this year after I started cutting back on sugar, unnecessary carbs and craft beer....

Dropped to 76kg and was very happy, thinking I could get down to round 70-72 with a little bit of more hard work. Then I ended up in a stormwater ditch and soon after under the ortho knife for some repairs to my shoulder.

Now currently Im sitting next to the most beautiful costline waiting for my cratf beer to get cold for some training of my one good arm dreading the moment I step back onto the scale and the reality of actions of the last 7 weeks hit me in the face.

So currently I suspect Im round 80-82 kg’s 179cm tall and looking to get down to 70-72kg’s

Just need to put down my beer and get on my trainer! Will be back on my bike IRL end of Jan

Lets do this!