Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

This is great yeah, the way i did 2017 was have that big goals and then break it down backwards in smaller goals. Like this week ill ride 100km or this month will be my best month. then End next year you will count up all those small goals and see how great you did.

a Big point will be balance, dont deprive yourself to much but when you do skip a exercise or had a few beers make a goal of ridding that hour to make up for it.

Ill be focusing 2018 on getting a better routine.

2017/12/25 - 118kg

2018/12/25 - 88kg

That is brilliant!! I am sure you had to purchase quite a bit of new clothes.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm keen to loose belly,

I'm 37, 186cm and 80kg, technically im fine, but have a little around the waist I want to drop.

Goal no belly fat and around 80 with more core strength.

My DAILY habit currently is chocs and chips after 8.

I'm pretty much in the same boat... I don't need to lose Kg's but rather body fat converted to muscle mass.

• 1.82m, 77Kg (+/- 1Kg depending on the time of day I climb onto the scale);
  • I eat lots of the wrong stuff but not excessively;
  • Weak core muscles and mostly poor upper body strength.

Not sure this is the right place, but the goal is to remain the same with less belly fat.

I'm pretty much in the same boat... I don't need to lose Kg's but rather body fat converted to muscle mass.

• 1.82m, 77Kg (+/- 1Kg depending on the time of day I climb onto the scale);
  • I eat lots of the wrong stuff but not excessively;
  • Weak core muscles and mostly poor upper body strength.

Not sure this is the right place, but the goal is to remain the same with less belly fat.

i've seen pics of you

15458018069_44170e6733_z.jpg

plan is to do core work. for now I'm starting with 6min (exercise 40sec/20sec rest x 6) a day and then start upping it by 3 min per month up to 30min

the specific exercises include; burpees, planking, crunches, bosu work, squats, calf raises, back extensions.

plain old bodyweight training.

H

Hey BeesRib

I Have Added Your Details In, I Put your Goal Weight as 87 Kg for the year.. as this should give you a better guideline for your weight loss target..

As to limited training.. I hear you, and you can achieve your goal easily through the correct diet, having lost over 30kg in the year of 2017..which I attribute 99% to a nice sustainable diet..

but like everything in life it needs dedication ..

awesome thx man.

Hi

I've signed up.

I need some extra motivation.

I use to weigh 144kg back in 1995.

These days I'm happy with anything under 94kgs. During the last couple of months my weight has slowly gone up and up. Basically from eating to much and drinking to much wine and being lazy.

I would like to repair the damage before the gets completely out of hand.

Let the games begin.

Hi guys, good luck for the weekend and the year end feast.  Hope you have a good one and are ready for the challenges of the new year.  be safe.

To all the runners out there, i need a pair of running shoes. Please give me some pointers to look at. Please keep in mind 51 years , haven't jogged for very long time and obviously i am over weight. So any advice would be nice.... i sit with shins splints all ready after doing a 5km fun walk on tar.????????

To all the runners out there, i need a pair of running shoes. Please give me some pointers to look at. Please keep in mind 51 years , haven't jogged for very long time and obviously i am over weight. So any advice would be nice.... i sit with shins splints all ready after doing a 5km fun walk on tar.[emoji30][emoji30]

Is there a speciality runner's shop near you? Best is to contact your local marathon club and find out where they go to have their feet assessed - pronation vs supination vs "moer neer"... each type needs its own type of shoe. And if you a flat arch or high arch.

You will need specific shoes so you don't run/walk yourself into an injury. Being injured so early on will be detrimental to any sort of effort to increase activity levels

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Edited by AnythingBut

Is there a speciality runner's shop near you? Best is to contact your local marathon club and find out where they go to have their feet assessed - pronation vs supination vs "moer neer"... each type needs its own type of shoe.

You will need specific shoes so you don't run/walk yourself into an injury. Being injured so early on will be detrimental to any sort of effort to increase activity levels

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks will have a chat to some runners in PE when i visit there again. I believe they will be able to assist.

Hey guys love this discussion thread, I stumbled across bike hub looking for a road bike but somehow feel as though I've found so much more, I'd like to participate. I'm 120kg 183cm. If there are guys in the George area wanting to loose some weight and serious about it, I'd like to collaborate.

PS I lost 15kgs in 3 months this year and kept it off. No special training,