Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

Have had a bad week training but managed a to do 700+ km this month with good regulated food intake . My son from Afghanistan is here on leave for a month so my wife spoils us by baking and having pudding after meals at least 4 times a week ( i partake but with a smaller portion ) . My weight was down  to 99.2 so im pleased . 

post-111826-0-51536500-1517466690_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Down to 95.5kg (-1.4kg) :)

Still stoked I am down as I had back to back grade 1 ankle sprains the latter half of Jan so only had 2 training sessions in +- 2 weeks past, so it can heal up before I start again.Remeber to update doc ladies/gents! 

Well done everyone! Some real impressive losses so far! Can someone please update my entry, can't seem to update from my, rather old, ipad. Down to 99.6 kg this morning. Very happy to be back in double digits for first time in 13 months! Lost excactly 8 kg in 31 days.

I made my goal of below hundred at the end of January on the last day. My goal for end of February is 94 kg. Good luck for February everyone!

Saw 89.3 on my scale this morning even before my morning ablutions, and as my Ex will attest, I am full of ****.

2.7kg in January based on healthy eating (without depriving myself) and an increased cycling load. I rode for 49h48 mins since Christmas compared to 8h59 the same period last year.

First time I have dipped below 90 since 2012. :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Edited by eddy

Down to 99,5 from about 106 in the month of Jan.

I am going to push to continue loosing in Feb.

What worked:
- cut out all alcohol
- reduce sugar and sugary drinks or juices, water water water
- limited white starch
- eat supper early
- cycle at least 40km a week
- manage portions
- Inner/Mind work - reflect think focus plan your day

What did not work:
- Not having a lunch box
- Running
- The rain when I have wanted to cycle (sorry Capetown folks)
- Late night McMeals after a night out!!!!

Thanks for everyone's advise!

What worked for me in January was cutting out all sugar, including sugar in my coffee. Small portion of Jungle Oats Original for breakfast, two pieces of cracker bread with either avo or a slice of ham for lunch, and proteins with salad or proteins with low carb veg for dinner. One braai in the first week of January, and even then I had one slim pork chop, two pieces of chicken which I had with a salad - the same day I had a six pack of Castle Lite, I haven't had beer since then. Went to one restaurant for lunch last month, which consisted of fish, calamari and veg. Filled up on water or coffee if I was feeling hungry in between meals, or I munched on one or two nectarines in between. I had 3 peanut butter energy bars, and I have been having a few sips of coca cola, but only one small sip at a time, on alternate evenings.

Exercise wise, I went for 5 runs, only one walk, only did one ride, and did 4 Tae Bo sessions. This month I'm going to carry on with what I've been eating and drinking, but I'm going to increase the Tae Bo sessions from 3 days a week to 4 days a week, and go for a ride on a Sunday.

I've got a feeling I won't lose another 7.1kg this month, but there's a certain cycling top I would like to fit back into for Amashova this year. So I've got until October to get back down to the low 80kg's. If I can get down to 75kg, even better.

went to visit the quack about he knees...it seems i have pulled ligaments on both legs from climbing scaffolding/step ladders... doing 15 000+ step trail walks and squatting to connect the machines...he said a couple tabs a day and a bit of rest should sort out the problem.

no problem riding the bike :)