Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

Herbalife had to pay $200 mil to settle/avoid a pyramid scheme case in 2016, anyone supporting them still deserves to lose their disappointment.

Maybe it only works with power balance bracelets... :ph34r:

you mean, you DON'T use a power bracelet <insert shocked emoji>

Interesting read up on Protein Shakes:

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/protein-shakes-weight-loss

Thinking I MIGHT go back on them.

whey protein is highly insulinogenic... so keep that in mind. Not sure about the other protein shakey-type products. For me, getting control of my insulin levels was key to my outcome

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you mean, you DON'T use a power bracelet <insert shocked emoji>

whey protein is highly insulinogenic... so keep that in mind. Not sure about the other protein shakey-type products. For me, getting control of my insulin levels was key to my outcome

At the moment, I'm a bit weary about gassing the office out again [emoji23]

Been ignoring this thread and the scales for the past few months. The wife and I now meal plan to same money, we only shop twice a week and buy essentials.

Therefore snacks are gone and chocolate, nothing gets bought that isn’t on the list.

Stepped on the scales today 75,7kg lowest I have been in years. Last year DC got to 77kg lowest, year before 76kg. That was proper diet and calories counting...

Meh, now just to not feel so pap.

Been ignoring this thread and the scales for the past few months. The wife and I now meal plan to same money, we only shop twice a week and buy essentials.

Therefore snacks are gone and chocolate, nothing gets bought that isn’t on the list.

Stepped on the scales today 75,7kg lowest I have been in years. Last year DC got to 77kg lowest, year before 76kg. That was proper diet and calories counting...

Meh, now just to not feel so pap.

you're bringing this to the hub? have you lost your mind man?  :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

I hit that plateau were you hover at a weight ( mine 91 kg and target was 90 from August ) and try as i will i am just not able to get there . My training has is still the same ( i cant afford more time 800km per month ) . My food intake has not changed , i still watch the type of foods and quantities i eat . My son and daughter in law are both health fanatics ( personal trainers for body building and power lifting in Australia ) and they has offered to look at the type of food i eat in a week . I did a spread sheet with everything i ate or drank in a week . They will analyse it and give me feed back . It will be interesting to see the result and suggestions as to what i am doing wrong . 

post-111826-0-61783400-1535822434_thumb.jpg

Running at a caloric deficit should usually result in weight loss. 

Aint nothing better for satiety than a whole food plant-based diet. Best cure for the dead animal flesh, chicken periods and bovine breast milk addiction that most people have.  :thumbup:

Dropping this in here for anyone interested: 

https://www.nature.com/articles/nutd20173

The missus and I have been on a completely plant based diet for around 8 months now. I have dropped just over 10 kg in that time and have about 2kg left to lose to get to 72kg which is my goal weight. I’m also stronger on the bike than ever before and have seen around a 15% increase in my FTP following this diet along with 5-6 TrainerRoad workouts a week. No lack of energy and plenty of protein in this diet. I say diet in the sense that this is what I eat, not this is what I eat to lose weight.

It helps that my wife is an amazing cook and our food is delish, as well as that plant based eating is really becoming popular here so meat and dairy alternatives are readily available and I don’t feel like I’m missing out.

The missus and I have been on a completely plant based diet for around 8 months now. I have dropped just over 10 kg in that time and have about 2kg left to lose to get to 72kg which is my goal weight. I’m also stronger on the bike than ever before and have seen around a 15% increase in my FTP following this diet along with 5-6 TrainerRoad workouts a week. No lack of energy and plenty of protein in this diet. I say diet in the sense that this is what I eat, not this is what I eat to lose weight.

It helps that my wife is an amazing cook and our food is delish, as well as that plant based eating is really becoming popular here so meat and dairy alternatives are readily available and I don’t feel like I’m missing out.

Love it! Love it! Love it! Some seriously good losses/gains. 

Kudos, Frank. You'll reach your goal easy enough. 

On Friday, just before getting in the car to go to George to pick up this beauty (her pawrents were gonna put her down instead of taking her with to Malawi - no attempt at looking for an alternative home until their daughter stepped in and sent me the info  :cursing: ) I hopped on the scale and saw 101.8kg. 

I'm content with that, for the moment. Wanna get below 101 by Friday. Today saw 28km and 1,200m climbing on the big bike, as part of a bro-duro. Had a burger and a castle lite as the post-ride intake. Damn, they were good. First beer in 4 weeks and first burger in even longer. 

Back on the IF & protein only tomorrow. 

post-3056-0-23000300-1535906293_thumb.jpg

post-3056-0-66430100-1535906460_thumb.jpg

On Friday, just before getting in the car to go to George to pick up this beauty (her pawrents were gonna put her down instead of taking her with to Malawi - no attempt at looking for an alternative home until their daughter stepped in and sent me the info :cursing: ) I hopped on the scale and saw 101.8kg.

I'm content with that, for the moment. Wanna get below 101 by Friday. Today saw 28km and 1,200m climbing on the big bike, as part of a bro-duro. Had a burger and a castle lite as the post-ride intake. Damn, they were good. First beer in 4 weeks and first burger in even longer.

1784f52f-68fd-4f20-afbd-692e08ccd953.jpg

94c6024c-43be-46bd-856c-bc4dc9a23823.jpg

What a beautifull cat! Good on you for taking her. Well done on the scale as well.

Weighed at 88.3kg roughly two weeks ago, and I'm now up to 90. Not been to gym in last two weeks as I was recovering from a chest infection. Back to gym in full swing this week.

Been a while, 2 months or so, picked up a few kilos, lightest I've been 62kg currently around 73kgs, gonna be hard few weeks getting back into things...

On Friday, just before getting in the car to go to George to pick up this beauty (her pawrents were gonna put her down instead of taking her with to Malawi - no attempt at looking for an alternative home until their daughter stepped in and sent me the info  :cursing: ) I hopped on the scale and saw 101.8kg. 

attachicon.gif1784f52f-68fd-4f20-afbd-692e08ccd953.jpg

attachicon.gif94c6024c-43be-46bd-856c-bc4dc9a23823.jpg

You better take good care of Mrs. Flufflebutt!