Stung by a bee

nathrix

Swiftly taken, Allergex can buy you a whole lot of time - as can a salbutamol inhaler..... this is all relative to some extent because it depends on the severity of the allergy - but if you have allergex and you are not sure if someone is allergic and they have been stung - go with it immediately and start getting help organised asap.

sounds like what we just did on a cat that got attacked by a swarm.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoh D that's lucky(or unlucky?). Glad you ok man.

On a side note, The quality of picture on your cameras is amazing and so is your editing work. 

KAREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

I’ve been to the Doc again this afternoon for advice and a prescription. I just came from from Dischem and apparently there’s a a shortage of EpiPens (R950 each ????) since last year already...friendly lady gave me a number for the supplier 0114511329. Will also phone a couple of Dischems to see if the have stock.

Edit:

Went to Clicks Pharm, found 1 x EPiPen that was left, expires in May this year...

post-4329-0-80837400-1516971244_thumb.jpeg

Edited by nathrix ® ©™

I’ve been to the Doc again this afternoon for advice and a prescription. I just came from from Dischem and apparently there’s a a shortage of EpiPens (R950 each ) since last year already...friendly lady gave me a number for the supplier 0114511329. Will also phone a couple of Dischems to see if the have stock.

Edit:

Went to Clicks Pharm, found 1 x EPiPen that was left, expires in May this year...

In the short term buy some ampules and syringes - much cheaper - buy lots and leave them lying around in cool spots... and find a cigar smoker - the tubes are handy for keeping them in - especially when riding.

It seems to me like there are a lot of bees around at the moment in Joeys. Seeing a lot in my pool unfortunately. Feels like more than in previous years.

Sent from my WAS-LX2 using Tapatalk

I was thinking while reading through Slowbee's thread My beloved bike is gone what would Outsurance or anyone for that matter say if my bike got stolen while passed out next to the road after going into anaphylactic shock from a bee sting?

Edited by nathrix ® ©™

Just checked my epi pen expiry date... was august 2017.

Luckily I did not have to use it.

However it is a mission to now get a new one.

My GP moved to Durbs last winter.

Now to find a new Doc.

Just checked my epi pen expiry date... was august 2017.

Luckily I did not have to use it.

However it is a mission to now get a new one.

My GP moved to Durbs last winter.

Now to find a new Doc.

I see Dr Clark at Healthworx at Carlswald.

He’s at least understanding with sports injuries.

I see Dr Clark at Healthworx at Carlswald.

He’s at least understanding with sports injuries.

Omg we have the same GP. He's moved to CT now though only in JHB first week each month.

Damn Nathrix... on my commute home on Friday after reading and commenting here I get stung by a bee... (about 500m from where I was stung on nose 2 weeks ago!!)... I remove the sting and cycle home as I was about 2 km away mostly downhill...

I get home park the bike and go inside... kids jumping all over me to swim but I'm starting to feel hot and as time passes I developed a heat rash / bubbles all over my back... call the wife to come home immediately... I know the adrenaline we have at home is 8 years old so don't bother... meanwhile my hands start to hurt... I walk out to meet my wife to rush to the hospital... sit in traffic for 15 mins to get to Flora... I'm staring to feel extremely nauseous... my lips are burning and I can barely see anymore... we get there and sign in and now I'm close to vomiting and then the adrenaline shot came and things improved very quickly!! 

2 hours later after a drip of anti-histamine and my fun Friday night is over!

This is the first time I've ever reacted to a bee sting which makes me wonder if there are different types of bees as I found the stinger to be much bigger than normal.

Also, I need to take anti-histamine for a week - which seems a bit excessive to me.

I had asked the Dr for a script for adrenaline and won't go out without it!

Edited by Flemish Lion

• 4 weeks later...

I was stung by something (presumably a bee because I pulled a sting out) this morning on my commute.

First thing I remembered was this incident so just told my team what happened in the event I land up taking a nap under my desk instead of under a tree...

Fortunately nothing happened, but remembering what happened to nathrix ® ©™ taught me that it's maybe better not to just shrug everything off...

Wow that is scary.

Me and the wifey still laugh about the time we were having 'special cuddles'  :whistling:  and I got stung on the butt  :eek:

I jumped out of bed so fast and was hopping around the room. Was very funny...

Imagine if you had a reaction to the beesting like nathrix ® ©™ had...she would have never stopped bragging about how good she is, haha :P

Imagine if you had a reaction to the beesting like nathrix ® ©™ had...she would have never stopped bragging about how good she is, haha :P

I'm sure there is a joke in there about swelling too!