[EVENT] Dischem Ride for Sight 2018

mecheng89

Happened last year too. Majority of our club had an AL start and one VC decided to take a bet that he (they) could catch us. They didn't. 

The bet was VC would catch the weirdo (with the beardo). Mighty Mouse and Jackie van Eeden did catch the bunch before Heidelberg.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you do a late  entry for R4S?

I'm sick as a dog and unlikely to be able to race on Sunday. I'm happy to sell my entry for the original cost less whatever is costs you to substitute so you won't be out of pocket, if you'd like. You can PM if you want to take my entry.

Am seriously scared of this race now... am truly thinking I should rather drop to BL as I was far too lazy from 947 till mid Jan.... this is gonna hurt - don't think I will keep up with VC to get back to A either if VC catches them after I am dropped from A.

This race always hurts / kicks my a$$.

Sjoe the weather forecast is nie so lekker nie.

Wet road races just don'tt do it for me

Hmm...yes....after seeing my arse in the rain in the Stellenbosch Tour in Nov think I will be having a lie in if the weather lives up to current predictions.  Bunch riding in the rain is not for wieners like me. 

In the event that it is dry can anyone remeber if they have number pick up before the race on the day (despite what the website may or may not say) or do I really need to schlep to 4ways? Cant remember what I did last year.

Sjoe the weather forecast is nie so lekker nie.

Wet road races just don'tt do it for me

I've learnt not to bother with the weather until maybe the evening before the race. Too much time worrying about something you have 0 control over. I'll ask my buddy in Boksburg if it's raining at 5am, then I know. 

Hmm...yes....after seeing my arse in the rain in the Stellenbosch Tour in Nov think I will be having a lie in if the weather lives up to current predictions.  Bunch riding in the rain is not for wieners like me. 

In the event that it is dry can anyone remeber if they have number pick up before the race on the day (despite what the website may or may not say) or do I really need to schlep to 4ways? Cant remember what I did last year.

I cannot categorically state that pickup is possible on the day, but I think at all costs it should be avoided. 

Nope skipping it this year, opted for the Audax and last year race was just out of control in the VA batch with us riding on the wrong side of the road around Suikerbos area

Excactly!

Still building up with my training and decided to do the short route and was seeded in A batch for short route.

Anyone know what it is like in A batch on short route? Not worried about holding my own more concerned about safety in terms of group riding.

I cannot categorically state that pickup is possible on the day, but I think at all costs it should be avoided. 

I asked on twitter. Here is the response. I will rather go out of my way on the Saturday to go to the stadium. What a freaking waste of time but from what I understand, there won't be an official pick up like with some other races.

They print the numbers in the shop as you wait.

And the printers jam after every print.

This is to save paper........

Then they give you a material bag inside a plastic bag......

I don't understand people's logic.  

Oh the joy.

Asked a CSA official....."When are we getting permanent numbers?"

Response......"maybe soon......we can only hope...."

What that means ladies and gents.....no friggen idea.......

They print the numbers in the shop as you wait.

And the printers jam after every print.

This is to save paper........

Then they give you a material bag inside a plastic bag......

I don't understand people's logic.  

Oh the joy.

Asked a CSA official....."When are we getting permanent numbers?"

Response......"maybe soon......we can only hope...."

What that means ladies and gents.....no friggen idea.......

Must u go with a Racetec chip? I was planning on sending someone with my race number only

Must u go with a Racetec chip? I was planning on sending someone with my race number only

Nope, collected mine without

Number collection was a gemors! Queued for 30 minutes. Print number, jam, print number, jam, print number, jam............

Archived