Tygerberg MTB Trails

Bub Marley

2 hours ago, DIPSLICK said:

If I pull early towards Tygerberg 

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

I always ride past there, never felt unsafe but still remain on high alert when going past. It could also have something to do with my darker skin tone that I get a pass 😒

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Charles71 said:

I always ride past there, never felt unsafe but still remain on high alert when going past. It could also have something to do with my darker skin tone that I get a pass 😒

Doubt it, they would steal anything they want from anyone regardless the skin tone, poor working ladies get robbed of their phone every day in this area and on the other side between dunoon and gie road.

I also cycled passed there a few times this year without being too scared but it’s always allright until someone smacks you with a brick. Careful out there !

Edited by Jbr

On 11/15/2021 at 12:34 PM, Rock Guy said:

This is the line_____________________________________________________________________ ^

Is this seriously considered as an obstetrical?

On 12/17/2021 at 8:09 PM, Jbr said:

you guys need to chill... bringing guys once on a traverse won't hurt anyone as long as you follow the marked trails, and sometimes can be the best way to bring new members on the long run. I always found that the fact that it's impossible to take friends who aren't members for day ride around the network was stupid...

I'd save my energy and be mad at the idiots who don't lock the gates or throw their gels in the grass rather.

Cycling on the trails without paying or on trails which non-members are prohibited from, is trespassing.

Why should one trespasser be allowed risk the absolute privilege the rest us paying members have, for access to land we don’t own?

11 minutes ago, Titleist said:

Cycling on the trails without paying or on trails which non-members are prohibited from, is trespassing.

Why should one trespasser be allowed risk the absolute privilege the rest us paying members have, for access to land we don’t own?

I'm not saying it's ok, I'm saying no big deal, and it's not your job to enforce the rules, as long as they don't do any damage or anything dangerous, chill and try to enjoy yourself instead of going after others. You don't even know their story, how many times have I got to the trails and realised my board was on my other bike. I would have told you to go mind your own business if you came to tell me anything about it, unless you are a club official or land owner.

Regarding the "let others risk our priviledge" that is completely irrelevant, the behaviour that risks our priviledge is riding before or after hours, not following the marked trails, not locking the gates, littering and that's behaviour that we can't tie to non-members unless you can prove otherwise ?

Edited by Jbr

On 12/17/2021 at 8:09 PM, Jbr said:

you guys need to chill... bringing guys once on a traverse won't hurt anyone as long as you follow the marked trails, and sometimes can be the best way to bring new members on the long run. I always found that the fact that it's impossible to take friends who aren't members for day ride around the network was stupid...

I'd save my energy and be mad at the idiots who don't lock the gates or throw their gels in the grass rather.

Let me come trespass on your land, just once? 

4 hours ago, Jbr said:

I'm not saying it's ok, I'm saying no big deal, and it's not your job to enforce the rules, as long as they don't do any damage or anything dangerous, chill and try to enjoy yourself instead of going after others. You don't even know their story, how many times have I got to the trails and realised my board was on my other bike. I would have told you to go mind your own business if you came to tell me anything about it, unless you are a club official or land owner.

Regarding the "let others risk our priviledge" that is completely irrelevant, the behaviour that risks our priviledge is riding before or after hours, not following the marked trails, not locking the gates, littering and that's behaviour that we can't tie to non-members unless you can prove otherwise ?

You agreed to the rules and regulations when you signed up for the club membership. Now conveniently want to decide what is relevant of those agreed rules and regulations. Tsk tsk, your word - no big deal.

okay sherif I'm going to stop arguing here because you guys aren't even reading what I'm writing. So do whatever the f you want, if you want to be the self appointed tygerberg justice league and you'd rather spend your time on the trails looking at other peoples bars than having a good time why do I care, I have three boards at home and have been a member since the day I started riding... Also I never brought any non members to the traverses but apparently you guys are ready to serve justice anyways. Power to the people I guess

Edited by Jbr

Is it safe to ride from Blouberg to laangebaan 

I know the whole route doesn’t have a cycling lane but I was thinking of pulling early (say 5) and hooking up with my ladies in laangebaan later

im on my “gravel grinder” ritchey