Tygerberg MTB Trails

Bub Marley

49 minutes ago, DIPSLICK said:

Is it safe to ride from Blouberg to laangebaan 

I know the whole route doesn’t have a cycling lane but I was thinking of pulling early (say 5) and hooking up with my ladies in laangebaan later

im on my “gravel grinder” ritchey 

I rode on news years day this year solo. No hassle, road was quiet tho, due to covid I suppose. Not sure if it would be the same now as there has been a general increase in traffic.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/20/2021 at 7:40 AM, TDFN said:

Is this seriously considered as an obstetrical?

To my knowledge, this section on the Cobra does not relate to pregnancy, childbirth or the postpartum period. 

If, however, you are asking whether this is considered an obstacle, I present to you the following diagram.

Skill_vs_Difficulty.png.fde51d719383c210863e099be0fd97a0.png

Really its a matter of your skill level. For some people it is quite dodgy, for others it's no big deal.

If you find it boring, just go faster, until you start to soil your pants. At this point it becomes advisable to back it it down just a bit on the next run (so as to avoid inadvertent purchase of land).

23 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Wanna hit the trails tomorrow before the serpents wake up. It’s been a while. 

FEC34DC5-8B08-4EBC-88E4-B549DEC5A5A2.jpeg

Almost thought you were referring to the kids

On 12/21/2021 at 1:47 PM, Rock Guy said:

To my knowledge, this section on the Cobra does not relate to pregnancy, childbirth or the postpartum period. 

If, however, you are asking whether this is considered an obstacle, I present to you the following diagram.

Really its a matter of your skill level. For some people it is quite dodgy, for others it's no big deal.

If you find it boring, just go faster, until you start to soil your pants. At this point it becomes advisable to back it it down just a bit on the next run (so as to avoid inadvertent purchase of land).

Or go hard and push your limits if you want a helicopter ride in a basket slung beside it. Somehow people manage to do just that every so often there. I've witnessed that a couple times myself when okes get too bored riding the cobra. 

• 3 weeks later...

Arrived at Bloemendal this morning to the sight of an ambulance at the top by the flow line. Apparently a lady overcooked the rollers before the wall ride. I hope she's okay.

4 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Arrived at Bloemendal this morning to the sight of an ambulance at the top by the flow line. Apparently a lady overcooked the rollers before the wall ride. I hope she's okay.

Good to see you've recovered enough to ride again!

On 12/21/2021 at 1:47 PM, Rock Guy said:

Worst part of cobra is the climb back out after the drop, eish I hate it lol

41 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Someone from my riding group spoke to someone from her group. She has a broken collarbone, her back is apparently one big bruise and she was concussed; couldn't remember anything about the last month, so her short term memory took a knock.

42 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Good to see you've recovered enough to ride again!

Thanks. Been at it for about a month. I am slowly getting my confidence back on the trails. I manage smallish drops and can huck smaller jumps so I'm stoked. 

4 minutes ago, HenryS said:

Someone from my riding group spoke to someone from her group. She has a broken collarbone, her back is apparently one big bruise and she was concussed; couldn't remember anything about the last month, so her short term memory took a knock.

Shame. I hope she doesn't have serious concussion. I had it and it is not fun. Post concussion symptoms prevail 6 years later in my case. The other injuries heal up over time but head injuries are nasty.

18 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Shame. I hope she doesn't have serious concussion. I had it and it is not fun. Post concussion symptoms prevail 6 years later in my case. The other injuries heal up over time but head injuries are nasty.

Head injuries are impossible to fully gauge, toppie had a plane accident 25 years ago months in a comma, came out a completely different man gradually built himself up to “normal “ function over 3 years

died 2 years ago from vicious seizures which he never suffered from ever,

best saying I heard 2$ helmet for a 2$head

take care of concussion and get them checked out ALWAYS

2 hours ago, DIPSLICK said:

Head injuries are impossible to fully gauge, toppie had a plane accident 25 years ago months in a comma, came out a completely different man gradually built himself up to “normal “ function over 3 years

died 2 years ago from vicious seizures which he never suffered from ever,

best saying I heard 2$ helmet for a 2$head

take care of concussion and get them checked out ALWAYS

Sorry to hear about your toppie. Head protection is the best and most important investment. There is no use in spending all your dosh on a most - wanted bike and then get the cheapest lid for your pip.