Tygerberg MTB Trails

Bub Marley

2 hours ago, 'Dale said:

So cool that I can throw my leg over my saddle in my garage and roll out for 10-15 mins to this magnificent view…

IMG_2473.jpeg

Backwards Garmin mount is a new one, may need to try that at some point!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Mtree said:

might as well save 100g and put it on the stem, those MTB garmin mounts are super heavy, and I found them only usefull to improve the reading while standing on the pedals (during intervals) by bringing the device further forward, for when seating down, the stem mount works and is muuuch lighter. Also it's a headache to fit a board with those (wether it's a race board or a club members board)

Edited by Jbr

25 minutes ago, Jbr said:

might as well save 100g and put it on the stem, those MTB garmin mounts are super heavy, and I found them only usefull to improve the reading while standing on the pedals (during intervals) by bringing the device further forward, for when seating down, the stem mount works and is muuuch lighter. Also it's a headache to fit a board with those (wether it's a race board or a club members board)

It is to help with the wheel alignment with the Lefty

9 hours ago, Mtree said:

Beautiful pic!

2 hours ago, Jbr said:

might as well save 100g and put it on the stem

I can only dream of the day when I will notice a 100g weight saving. I'm built like a rhino rather than a cheetah.

16 hours ago, 'Dale said:

So cool that I can throw my leg over my saddle in my garage and roll out for 10-15 mins to this magnificent view…

IMG_2473.jpeg

Good position for Garmin - mostly in wind slip of handlebar - unlike resistance and wattage loss when mounted on the top-cap or standing up on handlebar.

Just needs a bit of duct-tape from top front of Garmin and around the bar to create a smooth aircraft shape.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ineos-grenadiers-reveal-wattage-saving-of-duct-tape-aero-transponder-hack/

8 hours ago, Jbr said:

Yeah, 100g on a 16kg bike and a Buffalo weight class rider, it's going to make no difference...

I've never had an issue with the board thing you mention either, just hang the board on the brake cables on the front, helps to keep them tidy as well, or on one side of the bar.
3D printed mounts for your number board also exist, or are they also too heavy? Surprised we haven't petitioned TBMTBC to make more aero friendly number boards:whistling:

15 minutes ago, Mtree said:

Yeah, 100g on a 16kg bike and a Buffalo weight class rider, it's going to make no difference...

I've never had an issue with the board thing you mention either, just hang the board on the brake cables on the front, helps to keep them tidy as well, or on one side of the bar.
3D printed mounts for your number board also exist, or are they also too heavy? Surprised we haven't petitioned TBMTBC to make more aero friendly number boards:whistling:

Ah I thought you were someone else 😅

1 hour ago, Mtree said:

or are they also too heavy? Surprised we haven't petitioned TBMTBC to make more aero friendly number boards:whistling:

Its cute how you are under the impression that the lack of aero features (and size) of the TMTB boards is something that haven't seen hub rants before.

14 hours ago, Skubarra said:

Its cute how you are under the impression that the lack of aero features (and size) of the TMTB boards is something that haven't seen hub rants before.

hahahahahaha

I was here to type exactly that!

That new addition at the bottom of the Hammer rides so well. It makes that bottom bit more spicy and fun. Thanks to Patrick and his build crew for making an already great line even better. All those hundreds of runs down the skills park over the course of the last couple of months has come full circle. What a jol. 

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, Mtree said:

Any ideas on what's happening with the @tygerbergmtb website?

Trying to renew our memberships and database connection errors are persistent... 

image.png.5072f7bccf1bc2ffe9a8e3d4aca490e7.png

Great Queuing system ??
This was an improvement ?