Tygerberg MTB Trails

Bub Marley

23 hours ago, Mtree said:

Seems that the DB couldn't handle more than about 20 simultaneous connections, which as you say is server capacity, or a very poor architecture (form over function). 

I'm going out on a limb here but I'm pretty confident that is a small DB in terms of the schema so no matter the amount of lines it contains it shouldn't have flopped the way it did, even on a budget SA service provider platform. All I can think is that the query structures are sub optimal and haven't been load tested before going live. This is pure speculation though, but working with databases for big data this is the most obvious culprit in my experience.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Renier said:

Hi Kyle,

You can definitely hire bikes there along with a day pass.

I'd recommend bringing your own helmet, I had to hire one there and I wasn't very inspired to ride hard with it on, but I normally ride with a full face 😜.

Not sure about cleats, but you can probably email them to find out:

info@bloemendaltrailpark.co.za

060 657 6344

I wouldn't worry about riding with flats, though, I've been riding with flats there weekly for 3 years now. The climbs are mellow and the technical riding is chilled, so I don't think you'll miss them. (Also one less thing to pack😉)

Thanks for the advice. Yes it is not like I am training, the ride will just be for fun.

8 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Kyle maybe also ask about which trails are covered by the board on the rental bike .... possibly "just" Bloemendal (?)

A day permit at the trailhead is just for Bloemendal.  You may well want to head out further, in which case you may need to buy a "holiday permit", think it is about R300.

Bloemendal rentals are typically "per hour" .... if you want to do longer rides, you want to enquire about their options.  OR, you may want to look a bit further for "day rentals".

Good point, bike rental might not include the Hillcrest or Upper Bloemendal, I will query. I can understand that trails such as Conties not be included.

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

Picked our boards last night 👍

Screenshot_20231205_204849_WhatsApp.jpg.9f3f52435355e64a8fbb975e32a41e84.jpg

Wys.
Horrified at the prospect of what the design could be considering rebrand.😅

i really don't want to put 3 more colours on my bike….

Edited by MORNE

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

So much cleaner in double digits ... 👍

20231205_204232.jpg.a248355ffda23bb793ecd9094510f873.jpg

second year Maritz gets a green board in his green bike 😁

Have you scanned the QR code to view the jumbled text?
The text that was supposed to show the members emergency contact details and details...

6 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Does it not colour match your favourite socks? 😂

Everybody knows what your bike looks like is way more important than how it works or how you can use it….

I really really really don't like messing up my painstakingly color coordinated bikes haha. It hurts me on a deeply pseudo autistic level.

Anyway, im being pedantic, i know. 

8 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Everybody knows what your bike looks like is way more important than how it works or how you can use it….

I really really really don't like messing up my painstakingly color coordinated bikes haha. It hurts me on a deeply pseudo autistic level.

Anyway, im being pedantic, i know. 

I understand

The ex fashion designer in me always wonders over the use of Blue and Red in sport club colourways.

There are entire colour pallets outside of those that would look awesome but it's so often a combination of Blue, Red, White, black and green.

Not mocking the current boards or the trails or the committee etc, it is just very representative of MOST clubs/organisations 

I think those boards are pretty neutral. Luckily you can attach with Velcro straps and remove when off to shred somewhere with some Gnar, because we all know from past discussions that those boards don't open any gates to the gnar! hahahahha

2 hours ago, Mtree said:

Have you scanned the QR code to view the jumbled text?
The text that was supposed to show the members emergency contact details and details...

not yet ....