SA’s most expensive bicycle

Ispeed_V

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bicycle prices have increased dramatically in the last ten years, due in large part to a revolution in the technology used in their production to the greed of manufacturers and retailers and the stupidity of consumers who buy bikes as status symbols and not as tools :whistling:

and you know how you will know someone owns that bike?  

they will tell you, usually in the first 5 mins...

does anyone proof read articles anymore ?

The grammar mistakes in there make it read like a school boy typed it.

(and I'm no grammar Nazi myself, I probably missed a lot of other mistakes)

I don't even have n 20th of that price to spend on a bike, but consumerism is big and it has translated to bikes, which is good in a sense because manufacturers get more cash to do cool new developments which will eventually trickle down to us lot. (Though not all development is necessary or even an improvement)

People easily justify a new Samsung Galaxy S9 or iPhone every year or two, so the people have the cash to spend, some just save it up a bit and buy something seriously cool like a bicycle. Good on ya ;)

and you know how you will know someone owns that bike?  

they will tell you, usually in the first 5 mins...

How do you know someone was in Grey, they tell you twice

I don't even have n 20th of that price to spend on a bike, but consumerism is big and it has translated to bikes, which is good in a sense because manufacturers get more cash to do cool new developments which will eventually trickle down to us lot. (Though not all development is necessary or even an improvement)

People easily justify a new Samsung Galaxy S9 or iPhone every year or two, so the people have the cash to spend, some just save it up a bit and buy something seriously cool like a bicycle. Good on ya ;)

It's called conspicuous consumption.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspicuous_consumption

So.....If I calc the pic.....market prices 

Groupset     50,000.00 Will be less Bars     10,000.00 Will be less Seat       5,000.00 Will be less Wheels     60,000.00   Bottle Cage       1,500.00   Pedals       3,500.00      130,000.00  

That leaves you with R130000 for the frame?

mmmmmmmm

So.....If I calc the pic.....market prices 

Groupset     50,000.00 Will be less Bars     10,000.00 Will be less Seat       5,000.00 Will be less Wheels     60,000.00   Bottle Cage       1,500.00   Pedals       3,500.00      130,000.00  

That leaves you with R130000 for the frame?

mmmmmmmm

But Team Sky ride this frame, so it must be worth R130000 right?  :ph34r:

Archived