Modderfontein Bike Park - what's happening

I FLY

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Rode Modders on Sat... has the sponsorship fallen away for 2019? Trail was overgrown... sections in need of repair... 

Rode Modders on Sat... has the sponsorship fallen away for 2019? Trail was overgrown... sections in need of repair... 

Yes, definitely overgrown and in need of trimming.

Still enjoying the ride there! Hoping it's just Jan and the rain...perhaps someone can elaborate.

This happens every January when the staff has been on leave, To the core events are now managing modders, it should be OK by Mid Feb.

Do they have any representatives on here? 

Also, has anyone been to the restaurant this year? 

I've been there three times where all the tables are outside but there is no one there.  

What are their usual operating hours? 

It sucks not having a place like Holla Trails etc up here in Gauteng. 
They get it... Epic trails, food, drinks, bike wash and showers. 

Unless I'm missing something? 

I rode Modders for the second time since the reversal a couple weeks back.

1. Certain sections overgrown but as a previous poster said, it's January and still catching up from December leave.

2. The reversed route is actually quite enjoyable... once you get over all the climbing in the first 5-7 kms.  There are still confused riders going in the opposite direction (maybe it was me?) but all in all, great fun.

3. The restaurant was open when I was there.  It was a Saturday.  We didn't eat anything but it was chilled and they have 2 BIG containers of ice water for thirsty riders after their ride.

Do they have any representatives on here? 

Also, has anyone been to the restaurant this year? 

I've been there three times where all the tables are outside but there is no one there.  

What are their usual operating hours? 

It sucks not having a place like Holla Trails etc up here in Gauteng. 

They get it... Epic trails, food, drinks, bike wash and showers. 

Unless I'm missing something? 

I agree, it could be awesome. I stopped riding there last year March, they just never recovered after the rain and Christmas break. The walking trails run by a different setup are always immaculate. They also have the occasional labour issues with the security co. who's staff then set fire to the dry grass, does the wild life there no favours. One of the few places in SA where you can see the African Grass Owl, very rare.

Was there on Sunday. Was great. Lots of natural vegetation will always make it a challenge but plenty of visible maintenance.

There some small gripes (river single track has a fallen tree, discovery runners on the red route on saturdays ) but really a great place to ride.

Hi guys and gals,

First of all, compliments of the Season to you and yours and all the best for the coming year :)

So, we (Two The Core Trails known for our awesome events as well with our sister company Two The Core Events) have taken over the management and maintenance of the trails so yes and thank you Dexter, the trails are being attended to in a big way. You may say "well we don't see it" but please bare in mind that a. We have almost 50km's of trails to maintain b. The "old" staff were on leave during December so the trails are somewhat overgrown from all the rain and lack of maintenance during this time and c. The Reserve are under their own pressure so have advised us (yesterday) that they are unable to cut the Jeep sections of the trails which now becomes our responsibility and is adding to the load... I have pleasure in announcing though that we are on top of things and have called in extra hands (at our own expense with no sponsor assistance) so we are currently working around the clock to get the trails under control and then of course maintain that level.

Furthermore, now that we have the sole rights to the trails we can assure you that the staff will no longer "disappear" altogether over the Christmas Season but rather half of them will remain so that this will not ever be an issue going forward. We will structure their leave better in order to ensure that there is ongoing maintenance - within reason of course.

We are in the process of securing a new sponsor (trying our proverbial's off) to help with the insane maintenance costs which I am sure you can appreciate are somewhat extensive. We continue to do our best and to bring you new and exciting additions to the trails but again we need the cash to do so and thank you for your understanding in this regard.

We will be bringing our infamous Over The Moon MTB Series back to Modder from Wednesday the 27th February along with some other exciting events throughout the year which you can find out about by visiting our website at www.ttct.co.za or www.ttce.co.za

Should any of you wish to get in touch please email me on modder@ttce.co.za with your comments, suggestions and our favorite of course any compliments you may wish to send :)

Thank you and safe riding

Charnelle

post-55704-0-20589300-1548236208_thumb.png

"We will be bringing our infamous Over The Moon MTB Series back to Modder from Wednesday the 27th February along with some other exciting events throughout the year which you can find out about by visiting our website at www.ttct.co.za or www.ttce.co.za"

Very happy about this!! :clap: :clap:

Modders is a huge area with beautiful trees even a river and some game that have not yet been poached :)

It must be a huge mission to keep all the trails there free of debris especially after recent rains and storms.

Do any of you guys even do the black route? The one leading off from green yellow red by the river? I have never seen 1 other mountain bike on this trail when I have done it. It is huge fun a bit techie but that is why it is such fun!

I did Green Today, No Overgrown sections on Green.

If someone did yellow could you please let me know how it is ?