Modderfontein Bike Park - what's happening

I FLY

Ye great to hear its open - But there be a lot of pissed off people sitting with Multi Entry cards that TAROKO refuse to honor - I don't really care about, who said, she said, he said, But somewhere there is a lot of money sitting in someones pockets that doesn't belong to them.

In my opinion TAROKO should have taken care of this liability as part of there responsibilities taking over the management of the trails. Maybe legally they didn't need to, but it would have been the right thing to do as they need the support of all past riders to make this park a success again.

I for one will take my money and ride elsewhere - fortunately we have choices.

Makes no sense to punish the new operators for the sins of the old.

Stop cutting off your own nose to spite yourself face, pay the small entry fee and help restore a great place to ride.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes no sense to punish the new operators for the sins of the old.

Stop cutting off your own nose to spite yourself face, pay the small entry fee and help restore a great place to ride.

But its okay for loyal customers to be punished ....go figure. 

Ye great to hear its open - But there be a lot of pissed off people sitting with Multi Entry cards that TAROKO refuse to honor - I don't really care about, who said, she said, he said, But somewhere there is a lot of money sitting in someones pockets that doesn't belong to them. 

In my opinion TAROKO should have taken care of this liability as part of there responsibilities taking over the management of the trails. Maybe legally they didn't need to, but it would have been the right thing to do as they need the support of all past riders to make this park a success again.

thankfully small-minded people like you don't matter.  You are crying about R200 or some such, while these guys have invested in reopening the whole place for everyone.  They are in no way obliged to honour the previous business' obligations - go google it.  Pillock

you are not loyal and you have no respect for the effort to get this business up and running.  You are just an another typical "its all about me" self entitled moaner.  As you said, please take your hard earned R200 and go somewhere else.

Hey! its not Friday yet! Fight in a couple of days.

i'm a lover, not a fighter, but this level of self-entitled, egocentric world-view just gets on my proverbial t1ts.  I can't imagine what a mission it must be to open a bike park, maintain the trails, etc.  The guys who do it sure as hell don't do it for the money, that's for sure.  And then you get these man-baby complainers like our friend marc to come and sh.1t all over it because he DEMANDS that the R200 he spent last year must be honoured.  Seriously? He probably winged like a stuck pig when they increased from 35 to R40.  In fact, that's probably why he bought a multientrey ticket.  Wow, the poor guy.  @marc Go take a long look at yourself, chap.  Its all not about you

Your response is natural, it's your money after all, but still not reasonable.

Let me use a non-cycling example to explain.

I once had a recruitment company, who I'd worked with for 10 years sell me a black Friday deal where if I paid 100k up front they would discount my recruitment per candidate for the next year. They were reputable, had won awards, and placed many candidates for me over the years.

3 weeks later they were in liquidation and the owners dodged out of JHB leaving their staff and clients with nothing.

Do you think I could get my next recruiter to honour their theft?

The timing of over the moon selling their "special price" multi entry card and and their subsequent dodgy "exit" from Modder cannot be overlooked. They stole your money for years by not re-investing it in the trails anyway.

Why screw up a new and hopefully responsible and engaged business manager who needs your money now to make the bike park you want.

If your R300 is that critical log a claim against over the moon, their business is still operational.

Otherwise consider it an investment in a better Modder bike park.

If you can't do that, we'll all enjoy better social distancing without your patronage and spend less on petrol getting to our ride than you will ;)

Edited by Nakoota

It's a new company - it has no customers. The best way to get a new company with no customers to succeed is to help them by becoming their customer. That way they succeed and you get to ride sweet trails.

I too bought TWO multipass cards. YES TWO! Well done to the previous owners who saw us coming and pocketed the $$ only to close soon afterwards...

If someone said " you can carry on with EMPTY promises with your mulitpass, OR lose the $$ for a new company that shares my passion and is prepared to do their best to maintain the trail..."

I'll take the red pill :whistling: 

Don't buy BIG Macs for a week and you will recover the $$ and ride faster... 

just got some feedback through Strava and it does not sound very positive, its still early days, lets see.

Read a few of the comments as well. Maybe Taroko shouldn't have posted that they 100% ready on their FB page because they have left themselves open to some abuse now on trail maintenance.

Let's give them the benefit of the doubt for a while longer and see what happens.

thankfully small-minded people like you don't matter.  You are crying about R200 or some such, while these guys have invested in reopening the whole place for everyone.  They are in no way obliged to honour the previous business' obligations - go google it.  Pillock

Oh really - so now i'm small minded - Its not just my R 200 or sum such, its the hundreds of other cards that are out there not being honored which make up thousands, that i'm considering. the same thing happened with Rietvlei - the new guys however made arrangements, I have no problem with the new guys, but it would have been nice and and act of customer retention to reach out to the old guard and make some arrangements - But that's my opinion which i'm entitled to

As to your "Pillock" comment - Please refer to my Avatar for a more definitive response. 

i'm a lover, not a fighter, but this level of self-entitled, egocentric world-view just gets on my proverbial t1ts.  I can't imagine what a mission it must be to open a bike park, maintain the trails, etc.  The guys who do it sure as hell don't do it for the money, that's for sure.  And then you get these man-baby complainers like our friend marc to come and sh.1t all over it because he DEMANDS that the R200 he spent last year must be honoured.  Seriously? He probably winged like a stuck pig when they increased from 35 to R40.  In fact, that's probably why he bought a multientrey ticket.  Wow, the poor guy.  @marc Go take a long look at yourself, chap.  Its all not about you

Oh I do apologize if i offended you Pygaschmuck - But like i said b4 please refer to my Avatar for a formal apology 

Oh really - so now i'm small minded - Its not just my R 200 or sum such, its the hundreds of other cards that are out there not being honored which make up thousands, that i'm considering. the same thing happened with Rietvlei - the new guys however made arrangements, I have no problem with the new guys, but it would have been nice and and act of customer retention to reach out to the old guard and make some arrangements - But that's my opinion which i'm entitled to

As to your "Pillock" comment - Please refer to my Avatar for a more definitive response. 

Oh I do apologize if i offended you Pygaschmuck - But like i said b4 please refer to my Avatar for a formal apology 

its really sad how you did not just keep quiet and use this as a teaching moment, but that speaks such volumes about you, doesn't it, avatar and all?  And please do not for 1 minute try to convince anyone you give 2 sheets about the financial well-being of the other multi-entry card holders, the poor and oppressed under class for whom you so resolutely and bravely stand up.  Don't kid yourself, bucko, this is all about YOU.  well done.