Cyclist murdered in Fish Hoek 13/3/18 :-(

Headshot

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A persons life worth as little as a bicycle !

I dont want to live on this planet in this country anymore ..

RIP 

It's not like this everywhere, believe me. There are places where the police are effective and crime is minimal, petty stuff. Stolen handbag or phone, minimal violence, non-life threatening.

Edited by FrikkieMeyer87

Why cant they use drones to search the area? i'm sure there guys in the area with drones that can help search. JP Smith was boasting the other day on Carte Blanche how they are using them to combat crime? Makes me frigging mad and sad.

RIP

Edited by defender

On the TokaiMTB Facebook page, they're saying it was an elderly gentleman who was murdered and that he was stabbed multiple times.  This isn't a 'mugging gone wrong'! This is willful and deliberate murder.  :angry: And for what? So some lowlife can get a few rand for the stolen bike and get his next drug fix... :cursing:

And now some poor family has lost their husband/dad/granddad... My heart goes out to them.

A good start would be if the cops bring down the syndicates that are buying the stolen bicycles... What are the odds of that though...   

What on earth is going on that side of the mountain?? It seems to be escalating - started with loads of bike jacking's, then to stabbings and now killing - there was that hiker a few weeks back as well... tragic...

I think its quite clear that SAPS and SANPARKs cannot protect us and have very little intention of doing so

Why are we not forming a community patrol?

I think its time we as cyclist do something about this

This is terrible. My condolences to the rider's family left behind with the trauma and may the fallen rider ride in a better place now!

seems like bicycle insurance isnt enough anymore, now cyclists need life insurance on/off road too!

It's not like this everywhere, believe me. There are places where the police are effective and crime is minimal, petty stuff. Stolen handbag or phone, minimal violence, non-life threatening.

I'm sorry Frikkie but where do you live - show me this/these minimal crime area/s.

Reality says otherwise !!  :cursing:

On the TokaiMTB Facebook page, they're saying it was an elderly gentleman who was murdered and that he was stabbed multiple times.  This isn't a 'mugging gone wrong'! This is willful and deliberate murder.  :angry: And for what? So some lowlife can get a few rand for the stolen bike and get his next drug fix... :cursing:

And now some poor family has lost their husband/dad/granddad... My heart goes out to them.

A good start would be if the cops bring down the syndicates that are buying the stolen bicycles... What are the odds of that though...   

What on earth is going on that side of the mountain?? It seems to be escalating - started with loads of bike jacking's, then to stabbings and now killing - there was that hiker a few weeks back as well... tragic...

Yeah I suspect that the (attempted) murders are part of something bigger than just mugging or bike theft.

There have been a bunch of attacks up there in the past few months, mostly hikers, some fatal, often nothing was taken.

I'm sorry Frikkie but where do you live - show me this/these minimal crime area/s.

Reality says otherwise !!  :cursing:

Have a look at the correction I made to the post I replied to, suggesting that it's a country problem and not world problem. I agree that in this country, there's no getting away from it. It's everywhere, perhaps not always in the same concentration but it's a mentality that breeds in an environment without consequence such as the one we call home.