Cyclist murdered in Fish Hoek 13/3/18 :-(

Headshot

Again, not trying to detract

from this horrible incident, but let's try debating intelligently.

The blame game has never solved a thing. Nor has the death penalty.

The death penalty will make sure that the scumbag who perpetrated this does not get out after a couple of months only to repeat the same crime !!

Separate discussion that has been discussed on the hub here before. It has been researched in the us that the cost of the enforcement of the death penalty, if spent on proactive education, would have better results

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe these "Have nots" should decide to NOT have kids and maybe they will find themselves a tiny bit better off too

I think EVERYONE should stop having kids... Our planet and economy is not sustaining it. Also, as much as having fewer "have not's", having more "have's" contributes to the problem just as much... Give and take balance that selfish mankind is pillaging.

Here's the facts - 

1. Guy rides bike

2. Guy is stabbed to death for his bike

Have I missed anything salient?

You can type out as many words as you want about problems/causes but it doesn't change or excuse the fact that a guy was killed. For a F*cking Bike!

Easy there tiger.

We are talking about two different types of facts.

The facts of the crime are undisputed - although we are not in the possession of all said facts relating to this despicable crime. Nothing excuses that crime and the criminal must pay.

I was referring to the facts of crime and our country - what are the real facts (although SAPS doesn't share exact facts - that is for another day), comparing us to other countries/world etc. etc., people going off on "fact-less" tangents.

Also, one thing I have learnt in my few years here on earth: we cannot compare or replicate our lives, situations, politics, socio and socio-economic realities to any other place (even nationally) internationally. These issues/causes are very much related to geo-communities and their own intricacies - despite a larger underlying current of generally identified and accepted problems/issues/causes.

Hence my question: how are we getting involved in our communities to understand the issues and assist in any small way to solve or play a part in getting to a solution?

It ain't working from behind the keyboard.....

Easy there tiger.

The facts of the crime are undisputed - although we are not in the possession of all said facts relating to this despicable crime. Nothing excuses that crime and the criminal must pay.

I was referring to the facts of crime and our country - what are the real facts (although SAPS doesn't share exact facts - that is for another day), comparing us to other countries/world etc. etc., people going off on "fact-less" tangents.

Also, one thing I have learnt in my few years here on earth: we cannot compare or replicate our lives, situations, politics, socio and socio-economic realities to any other place (even nationally) internationally. These issues/causes are very much related to geo-communities and their own intricacies - despite a larger underlying current of generally identified and accepted problems/issues/causes.

Hence my question: how are we getting involved in our communities to understand the issues and assist in any small way to solve or play a part in getting to a solution?

Of course you can compare crime in SA to other countries, its completely out of control here as compared to say England or NZ.

Yes have been to both countries and believe me they do not have similar levels of crime to SA.

Often people say " there is crime everywhere" a popular platitude that gets rolled out by patriotic Saffers trying to defend the indefencible that are clearly in denial about the future of this country.

These issues normally become "real" for people when a member of their family or a close associate falls victim to death by violent crime.

Yeah, the way I see it we as individuals cannot do much about the socio-economic situation and the other far reaching social issues.

What we can do is prepare and protect our families by taking responsibility for their safety and security in whatever small way we choose, contribute in our own neighborhoods and pay our taxes to help with education etc for the population.

Start with the things we can control not the things we can’t. Start in the center of your life and work outwards.

Easy there tiger.

Personally I give up every weekend, every public holiday and quite a few week days doing my bit to deal with this.

And you?

Personally I give up every weekend, every public holiday and quite a few week days doing my bit to deal with this.

And you?

You a reservist?

It's sad that a life was lost for a bicycle.

RIP fellow cyclist and condolences to his family.

Very sad, disturbing and enraging all at the same time. Condolences to all connected with the deceased and may you find some peace despite this savagery.

As for mrcg; whataboutery is particularly inappropriate for this murder in my view. Try your luck elsewhere; EWC etc.

Easy there tiger.

My sincerest condolences to everyone affected by this senseless and cowardly act.

What are you doing then? Other than justifying criminal behaviour?

"Ag shame, the poor sod, he has it so difficult, it is not his fault he wants to kill someone for a bike. He doesn't have food/home/clothes... he can't help he can't distingiush between right and wrong...."

There are criminal individuals in society. You can't change their wiring. They are what they are. No matter how you want to intervene, it will not work. There are countless examples of others in the same circumstance that has not reverted to criminal behaviour. So the argument that criminal behaviour is to survive socio-economically is over-simplifying.

The government is supposed to rectify the socio-economic problems. Government has made the conscious decision to keep the masses uneducated. Government has made the decision to not improve the living conditions of the poor. Government has made the decision to keep unemployment where it is. Why? To control the masses.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Edited by CogitoErgoSum