[Event] EWC Round 1 Hoogekraal

Dan Dob

I registered. And I'm sick. Hope to be healed up by Sunday. Have not pedalled since my last ride on Saturday. Eish..

Lets just say I am still riding irrespective!

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I registered. And I'm sick. Hope to be healed up by Sunday. Have not pedalled since my last ride on Saturday. Eish..

I've also been man down. A stint in hospital, 5 weeks off the bike, lost 5kgs and left over lung infection. Not exactly sure if I should do the event.. any medics out there with advice? Gonna take a pedal, tomorrow and see how that goes / make a call. 

If no go then you might have another volunteer on your hands! 

Edited by hellocolour

I've also been man down. A stint in hospital, 5 weeks off the bike, lost 5kgs and left over lung infection. Not exactly sure if I should do the event.. any medics out there with advice? Gonna take a pedal, tomorrow and see how that goes / make a call.

I'm packing your tyre in car, it'll be Enduro on Sunday ????

This isnt the Epic or Epic Light - its 5 stages. Not 5 days. Does that help?

Entered and excited to see what this Enduro business is all about - felt obliged to go for full monty route option.

Still not sure about which Assos bib shorts to wear though.....Just how much ridicule must I expect, when I pitch up on my Epic, (NO DROPPER), without any protective clothing, except for a Giro helmet, seen used more by road cyclists than trail riders ?....or are the the Goggle-Crew perhaps not like this ??

Entered and excited to see what this Enduro business is all about - felt obliged to go for full monty route option.

Still not sure about which Assos bib shorts to wear though.....Just how much ridicule must I expect, when I pitch up on my Epic, (NO DROPPER), without any protective clothing, except for a Giro helmet, seen used more by road cyclists than trail riders ?....or are the the Goggle-Crew perhaps not like this ??

You'll get the piss taken, but in good nature. We don't GAF what you wear.

I'm doing the obligatory flannel n fanny pack.

You'll get the piss taken, but in good nature. We don't GAF what you wear.

I'm doing the obligatory flannel n fanny pack.

Although put that post down at the top of the descent like we did for years before droppers were a thing :P

So did it wet the track and flush away the brown-pow today or what?

OK so cause you okes all ignored my question, I went and checked it out for myself...

post-35907-0-97265900-1524163067_thumb.jpeg

post-35907-0-15274500-1524162956_thumb.jpeg

Brown pow turned to brown glue!!! Awesome conditions....should I say "hero dirt".......!!?

OK so cause you okes all ignored my question, I went and checked it out for myself...

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2018-04-19 at 20.37.15.jpeg

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2018-04-19 at 10.39.44.jpeg

Brown pow turned to brown glue!!! Awesome conditions....should I say "hero dirt".......!!?

Oh and while I'm here....tomorrow's Friday.....

When are trail managers gonna ban this stuff.....Gu belongs in you...not on the trail!!!!

post-35907-0-51582000-1524164274_thumb.jpeg

Stop sand bagging - you're a local and probably fast as fk on  the descents. That said, maybe wear some baggies over the lycra and long sleeves up top. 

I reckon some egos are going to be dented on Sunday.