[Event] EWC Round 1 Hoogekraal

Dan Dob

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the Vets club now (post 40). I would prefer the category to be called Fast@forty though ;) masters is post 50 years young

So it's actual relevant age categories, not this 'you're old if you're past 35' rubbish! Still some years and I must then say, I hope I am still ripping bikes past 50.. Tom is the raddest grandpa ever! (Isn't Julien Louw recently 50 as well? hmmmmmm)

Well, I will bring the new spongy bike with gears (aka old man's bike) to this and see whether I can still ride against the clock after nearly killing myself at your race in Ceres...  

Also way less pressure to kook out when you know you don't have Dan or Rupe da loop or Savage or DDT90 sizzling down the trail, right on your tail!

But you might end up stuck behind  someone else even slower than you...

Hubbers,

The course map is now live on the event page link if you want to go and peruse /practice the course. It's short but Harry tells me 800m in 20km is rather tough so I'll believe him!

Just make sure you display your Tygerberg numberboards on your bars or pay the trail fee before riding.

NO riding stage 3 downhill as that reserved for race day only (you will be banned from the race and the club if you are caught riding stage 3!)

Stage 5 will have a bit more interesting trail added towards the top to take out those slow and boring switchbacks.

Hubbers,

The course map is now live on the event page link if you want to go and peruse /practice the course. It's short but Harry tells me 800m in 20km is rather tough so I'll believe him!

Just make sure you display your Tygerberg numberboards on your bars or pay the trail fee before riding.

NO riding stage 3 downhill as that reserved for race day only (you will be banned from the race and the club if you are caught riding stage 3!)

Stage 5 will have a bit more interesting trail added towards the top to take out those slow and boring switchbacks.

i'm not sure what group i registered in, is there a way i can?

What happens if you can't ride the event? Will the entry be forfeited or can you transfer it to someone else?

Edited by Yo-yo

What happens if you can't ride this weekend? Will the entry be forfeited or can you transfer it to someone else?

its next weekend ie. 22nd

@dan... One of my mates is interested in the Lite Enduro. Which stages does that entail?

Good Question! They'll do stages 2,3 and 5. ie not Cobra and not Patricks Plunge. Signage will direct them to the correct stages and I'll try get a course map going for the LITE.

Edited by iRide

What happens if you can't ride the event? Will the entry be forfeited or can you transfer it to someone else?

Not transferable I'm afraid. I may be able to convince the committee to transfer your entry to the next event at Contermanskloof.

Edited by iRide

i'm not sure what group i registered in, is there a way i can?

We'll state your start batch (and times etc)in your final email before the race.