[Event] PHILADELPHIA MTB

Annemart

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those that have done this race before, how technical is the 37km? My old man is keen but he is not very technical incliend. Prefers jeeptrack with the odd singletrack and no dropoffs.

Those that have done this race before, how technical is the 37km? My old man is keen but he is not very technical incliend. Prefers jeeptrack with the odd singletrack and no dropoffs.

Even the 75km wasn't particularly technical last year - mostly jeep tracks and farm roads, some sandy bits next to the river.

The only technical bit would be the descent down Koeberg hill, but if he just take it slow he shouldn't have any problems

Even the 75km wasn't particularly technical last year - mostly jeep tracks and farm roads, some sandy bits next to the river.

The only technical bit would be the descent down Koeberg hill, but if he just take it slow he shouldn't have any problems

Thanks Skubarra

Appreciate the reply

that what is nice a out this race, a proper ride on your mountain bike without anything too technical in the range of drop offs, berms, switchbacks.

The most hectic bit for me on the 70km was that slog up the hill a Spes Bona where I think even thr elites had to get off their bikes, and then close to the end where there were a bit of sand to contend with.

Keen to make my comeback to this one again, after skipping it the past couple of years in favor of other races.

And just to make sure he's not using V-brakes coming down that hill :P

And just to make sure he's not using V-brakes coming down that hill :P

Yeah might have some melted rubber on your rims.

How sandy is 'Sandy' when you guys talk about riding next to the river??

Contemplating doing either the 37 or the 56 but undecided.

Managed to do ok in the MTB argus which is 40km. how intense is that extra 16km??

Beach sand sandy.

But it is not a long stretch at all. Both times I did the race, I managed to ride through it without too much hassle.

Beach sand sandy.

But it is not a long stretch at all. Both times I did the race, I managed to ride through it without too much hassle.

Are you going to be there again?

Keen to make my comeback to this one again, after skipping it the past couple of years in favor of other races.

which step on the podium will we see you?