The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go to my LBS now and buy some Valve extenders if I can have those beer coupons...

Edited by Irvin85

58 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Does anyone have some valve extenders lying around? I need two for some deep V wheels - pretty pleaseĀ šŸ˜. Willing to part with some beer coupons or Zim DollasĀ 

I might have some.
Will let you know.

2 hours ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Does anyone have some valve extenders lying around? I need two for some deep V wheels - pretty pleaseĀ šŸ˜. Willing to part with some beer coupons or Zim DollasĀ 

Do we get long brass valves locally, or is it just aluminium ones?

Good morning all !Ā 
Ā 

so I have this project I started that I need to sell to fund some other bitsĀ 

mavic wheels (some damage but perfectly true and definitely more than good for a single speed style like I was going for here)Ā 

the frame had a old flaky paint job on it so I stripped it down.Ā 
Ā 

bars are cinelli,Ā 

Seat is a selle italia Ferrari editionĀ 

has a 600 series headsetĀ 

alu seat postĀ 

some bontrager tyresĀ 

open to any offers really can ship and box.Ā 

Ā 

would anyone be interested?Ā 

55C30EB6-8194-49DC-933B-AF4CC6A54698.jpeg

19AC7732-11FA-47D1-ACCE-3B3F1F528FBC.jpeg

Edited by Stavros94

On 3/13/2023 at 3:11 PM, Eddy Gordo said:

Do we get long brass valves locally, or is it just aluminium ones?

If I'm not mistaken the Conti ones are brass. Had set on my previous set of wheels which I completely forgot to take off when the insurance collected them. Needless to say any attempts to retrieve them went terribly so just wrote them off basically.

8 hours ago, Stavros94 said:

Good morning all !Ā 
Ā 

so I have this project I started that I need to sell to fund some other bitsĀ 

mavic wheels (some damage but perfectly true and definitely more than good for a single speed style like I was going for here)Ā 

the frame had a old flaky paint job on it so I stripped it down.Ā 
Ā 

bars are cinelli,Ā 

Seat is a selle italia Ferrari editionĀ 

has a 600 series headsetĀ 

alu seat postĀ 

some bontrager tyresĀ 

open to any offers really can ship and box.Ā 

Ā 

would anyone be interested?Ā 

55C30EB6-8194-49DC-933B-AF4CC6A54698.jpeg

19AC7732-11FA-47D1-ACCE-3B3F1F528FBC.jpeg

Is the angle of the saddle possibly the reason you are looking at flogging this bad boyĀ :oops:.

Are you looking to sell the rolling chassis or part it back down again?Ā 

On 3/13/2023 at 12:37 PM, RobertWhitehead said:

I'm already a Zim billionare...šŸ˜œ

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a 165mm non drive side sram gxp carbon crank arm?Ā 

I'm not expecting it for free so if you have one please let me know.Ā 

Seems finding a new one in stock is impossible.Ā 

ThanksĀ 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi almal,Ā 

Ek is opsoek na n stages gen 1 battery cover. As iemand my dalk kan help sal ek dit baie waardeer.Ā 

Ā 

Dankie

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking for a set of brake levers for V-Brakes for a commuter bike to replace ones like this in the photo below. (Sorry focus is not lekker). If the calipers are available I could use them too.

The bike is a department store special that I donated to my gardener a while back. But I also supplied a free "maintenance contract" šŸ™„.

The barrel adjusters on these levers slip and loose all cable tension. One fell off and got lost so that brake has stopped working altogether.

I am located in Cape Town southern suburbs. I am happy to contribute towards shipping or component value.

(I should really find a replacement bike. But if I do, I know this one will get passed on to another commuter. So best the brakes get fixed first.).

IMG_20230413_110630538.jpg

32 minutes ago, i24 said:

I am looking for a set of brake levers for V-Brakes for a commuter bike to replace ones like this in the photo below. (Sorry focus is not lekker). If the calipers are available I could use them too.

The bike is a department store special that I donated to my gardener a while back. But I also supplied a free "maintenance contract" šŸ™„.

The barrel adjusters on these levers slip and loose all cable tension. One fell off and got lost so that brake has stopped working altogether.

I am located in Cape Town southern suburbs. I am happy to contribute towards shipping or component value.

(I should really find a replacement bike. But if I do, I know this one will get passed on to another commuter. So best the brakes get fixed first.).

IMG_20230413_110630538.jpg

Drop me a DM I might have something for you. Regards, Johan

50 minutes ago, dalem44 said:

Looking for a 29" Roval aluminium rim if anyone has one lying around?

Strangely enough I recently got a bike from a friend with one carbon and one alu Roval šŸ¤”. I have yet to decide what I am going to do with either. Maybe you can make things easier for meĀ :clap: