The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

Just now, BikerSA said:

Actually only the steel balls, not complete bearings.

Your local "Bearing distributor"

Well worth speaking to them.  There are certainly different quality products available.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/6/2023 at 9:38 AM, Dexter-morgan said:

Good morning, I have posted this on the salvage thread as well, Does anyone have need for these mounts? 2 mounts are for road bikes and the middel one is for 15mm Through axle, collection in Boksburg.BIKERACK.jpg.a83959d5b61aee19107cc33c82440dc3.jpg

Hey Dexter 

if you still have it, I would love to take it off your hands.

14 hours ago, Robo said:

Any news here or non agent guys able to replace bearings and belt?

22 minutes ago, BikerSA said:

Actually only the steel balls, not complete bearings.

Some of the smaller bikeshops have stock of them BUT BMG will have, cheap as chips.

On my Garmin Edge 130 the charging plug on the unit broke, so unit does not charge. Looking for any old broken Edge that is not in use anymore so that we can do a charging jack transplant.

Willing to pay for it.

Edited by Block

2 hours ago, Block said:

On my Garmin Edge 130 the charging plug on the unit broke, so unit does not charge. Looking for any old broken Edge that is not in use anymore so that we can do a charging jack transplant.

Willing to pay for it.

this has been my fear since I got mine a number of years back. Seems like such a flimsy design.

1 hour ago, The Ouzo said:

this has been my fear since I got mine a number of years back. Seems like such a flimsy design.

Ja you can see all over the internet that this is a problem with these devices and Garmin is not helpfull at all.

image.jpeg.7564df24c44a266e18feb775e772abe4.jpeg

Does anyone have a slimmer conical headset spacer laying around? The current one is around 15mm and I'm looking for something 5mm or less.
I've searched high and low for something slimmer without any luck. I'm on the verge of replacing the entire headset or cutting down this one in half (which I'm very reluctant to do).
If anyone knows where I can source a spacer that would also be great!

16 minutes ago, hxnk said:

image.jpeg.7564df24c44a266e18feb775e772abe4.jpeg

Does anyone have a slimmer conical headset spacer laying around? The current one is around 15mm and I'm looking for something 5mm or less.
I've searched high and low for something slimmer without any luck. I'm on the verge of replacing the entire headset or cutting down this one in half (which I'm very reluctant to do).
If anyone knows where I can source a spacer that would also be great!

I will have one or a few 😁

On 7/8/2023 at 9:37 AM, Barry said:

Hi, i have a new pair of Lassen bibs never used 2XL way to big for anybody in my household all small and medium. Free for someone who needs collection in Centurion.

Update: Bibs are taken.

20230708_093213.jpg

20230708_093237.jpg

20230708_093301.jpg

20230708_093248.jpg

Much thanks for your generous gifting Barry, it fits perfectly.  🙏

On 7/10/2023 at 11:10 AM, BikerSA said:

Hi All,

A little bit off the topic but any idea where one can get very small steel ball bearings to service/fix flat MTB pedals? 

I have tried to do this before.

The balls that came out of the pedals were an imperial size. The only ones I could get in Cape Town were metric, close but not quite right. I ended up ordering some balls from e-bay - back in the days when the post off still delivered stuff.

In the end the pedals were a bit too far gone and the exercise was not effective.