[Event] 2018 The Munga

walkerr

Hope this weather holds. Cool and overcast. But then also not. I want maximum satisfaction at the sharp end of the race. Tough conditions for ultra tough riders. Looking forward to an excellent race.

Wind patterns look "interesting" - seems like head for the start, then cross / cross-tail for a while. Then, based on my own speed projections, back to head / cross-head somewhere around Fraserburg to the end. Definite advantage to keeping speed up and getting further into the route before that front hits and shifts the wind.

Edit - also wrangling with ditching one of the layers from my bag. Current lowest night temp I'm seeing is a not-too-low 9C.

Edited by walkerr

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I do not have a photo now with everything on. What I can say is that I weigh-in at 67kg and with my bike it's 91.7kg. That is a 24.7kg bike fully loaded with water spares etc.

And no I'm not taking the freezer with...

You will fly downhill and downwind

CAN

WE

SEE

MORE

RACE 

RIGS

PLZ.

Interesting setup. looks quite "light" which is a good thing.

- Fox IRD interesting choice? but see you also running the Shimano di2 ( cool placement along the bar extensions!!! )

good luck! 

Laid all my kit out at weekend to check my packing approach - probably looks like a lot, but after packing for TCR last year it feels like I'm taking nothing at all. And I've probably got backups and spares that a lot of folks would skip too

44991687_581476478970288_580956925073345

Looking good, do you have lip balm? When I ride long distance I lick my lips like a cow in the karoo. I always take lip balm now as extreme weather conditions (too cold or too hot) make my lips dry out.