[Event] Ezelenduro 2018

RvonT

Solly, next time I bump into you at G-Spot I want to see you doing that final jump. No excuses after this comment!

ezel gaan nie oor jumps nie. It's one big tech section. I'll show you the sections we have up in the blue gums that's like the rocky sections of 2. But don't tell the trailfund, they'll just come burm it down.????

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. The thing with Esel is that there's hardly any jumps, except on stage 1. All the rest are drops / rocky chutes on to super rocky ground. Think Coetzenburg, Table Mountain (pat's track, Rupert's Folly / Revenge) and Jonkers (Iron Monkey & Status Quo)

I have an irrational fear of jumps. They mess with me, properly. I know they shouldn't, but they do. And Esel is, fwiw, not G spot. One does not go there to get good at jumps. :P

I have the same but for some reason it's like a moth to a flame. I try to stay within my limits as from next year I can compete in Master Category so the bone are brittle and recovery is long. Its weird but in the last year I have consistently done more jumps than in any time of my riding career. Had a huge crash on that exact jump I tease Solly about in January, but somehow I find myself attracted to that more and more. That recently acquired Evil Following is definitely going to get me in trouble soon...

I have the same but for some reason it's like a moth to a flame. I try to stay within my limits as from next year I can compete in Master Category so the bone are brittle and recovery is long. Its weird but in the last year I have consistently done more jumps than in any time of my riding career. Had a huge crash on that exact jump I tease Solly about in January, but somehow I find myself attracted to that more and more. That recently acquired Evil Following is definitely going to get me in trouble soon...

it's the only way to improve. My fear comes from flat-landing one of the stiles in Hoogies, and going down HARD when the stem twisted and I went OTB at 40/45ish kph. 

Getting there, slowly.

I definitely disagree with this. I am not sure whether there is a specific editorial standard to be able to call something a "race report", but I quite liked this write-up. As did I like Moridin's write up of W2W last year (which he also did not complete). Getting a personal perspective on the suffering (and joy) a person experienced in a race is always entertaining for me. Whether they finished or not does not take any of that away. Like Moridin Myles also persevered and finished strong. Kudo's for that!....and keep writing!

You missing the point

The Hub reads about Myles and his weight loss adventures and all the things he wants to achieve in races...

When race day comes we cannot wait to get the results hoping he finished the race.... We really want him to get the finishers badge

Agreed race reports are lekker but some people are also getting gatvol reading the same race report with different excuses

Come on Myles you have no more excuses (according to you)

Pull finger let’s see some results

Jissus...it was a befokte day out on the bike no matter what stage you end up doing. Stop been such house wifes and bitch about every little thing. I hiked that bloody mountain with Myles until a tick sucked half my leg out...so if you managed to complete it in record time...****** mooi....but for the rest of us, it was a Jol, a challenge and supper af kakking fun..and if you want to comment on this, give me your times as I will be glad to compare..

Jissus...it was a befokte day out on the bike no matter what stage you end up doing. Stop been such house wifes and bitch about every little thing. I hiked that bloody mountain with Myles until a tick sucked half my leg out...so if you managed to complete it in record time...****** mooi....but for the rest of us, it was a Jol, a challenge and supper af kakking fun..and if you want to comment on this, give me your times as I will be glad to compare..

****** beast

You missing the point

The Hub reads about Myles and his weight loss adventures and all the things he wants to achieve in races...

When race day comes we cannot wait to get the results hoping he finished the race.... We really want him to get the finishers badge

Agreed race reports are lekker but some people are also getting gatvol reading the same race report with different excuses

Come on Myles you have no more excuses (according to you)

Pull finger let’s see some results

I wanted to, Fabes. I really did. It would have been a mega achievement for me, but I just didn't have it in me on the day. Only myself to blame, sure. Could definitely have been better prepared, but unfortunately it wasn't to be. Was still KAAAAK fun, though. And not finishing doesn't mean I don't want to, or shouldn't have gone. 

Ah, so you were hiking with Julian Moore? Yellow tranny? Remember you pulling off a tick just as it got super steep. 

I didn't finish. Here's my 'race' report:

I went there on my own, not knowing who will be there. Only met 2 guys out on the trails and bantered with armpies here on the hub. My social awkwardness wasn't held against me. No one looked down on my little bike (125mm SC 5010 vs 150+ monsters) or my obvious (in)ability - ok i wear flats and my handle bar is the recommended 50% of my height????. All other events i did in the past had the whole xtr>deore nonsence. Not here.

Jacques, whom i chatted probably 4 times before walked over and invited me to join a shakedown ride. Philip coached me when i told him I'm at least 7 spanningskakke agter at the start of stage 1. Coenie did a quick race check at 3 - thank heavens, otherwise I'd have gone down there on lockout and kneepads on my ankles. Chris talked me and another newb through the demons of the liaisons to 4. Shouts of speed is your friend at my (admittedly, crawling) start at 4 was encouraging. Stephan hearing my "colourful" language down 4 (how many times can "oes" be repeated in 24mins - i said i was slow, ok & "o oes" (afrikaans for harvest) has a silent "p"). Pieter saw through my brave facade and wisely advised me not to attempt 5. Did i mention 4 is rocky & steep AF?? 5 is even steeper!

It was a lekker awesome ride.I now know what RAD means. I have the Ezel tshirt.

Sneak peek of who will be joining us on Saturday 13 October 2018 @ 15:00

Tickets (R100) are sold @ Caratello Wine Club in Main Road Ceres.

Please advice all family and friends.

1st person to email me - Janene Malherbe - who our Artist is - will get a free team entry to the Eselfontein 3Day Stage Race !!!

janene@eselfontein.co.za