[Event] Ezelenduro 2018

RvonT

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year was 35km and 1,500m climbing. Expect the same, I reckon.

Nee meneer.

Things You Should Know

The Route

Okay, so things are shaping up well for the next Ezel, and the course we are preparing for you is.... uhh, how do I say.... there were just a few too many smiling faces at the end of 2017! So it's going to be significantly slightly totally much more tougherer, including one completely new stage. Y'all better be out there training for Ezel, and don't forget to take a photo and tag #trainingforezel @thebrandstable @ionactionsports !

Go eat your ketos Myles!

Nee meneer.

Things You Should Know

The Route

Okay, so things are shaping up well for the next Ezel, and the course we are preparing for you is.... uhh, how do I say.... there were just a few too many smiling faces at the end of 2017! So it's going to be significantly slightly totally much more tougherer, including one completely new stage. Y'all better be out there training for Ezel, and don't forget to take a photo and tag #trainingforezel @thebrandstable @ionactionsports !

Go eat your ketos Myles!

Yeah, apparently Dan is looking forward to seeing my facial expressions as I *** off... 

Will be missing it this year it seems. Budget and family constraints. I do want FOMO updates. Think an ezel WhatsApp live location group would be cool. Mmmm. Probably no reception.

Nee meneer.

Things You Should Know

The Route

Go eat your ketos Myles!

Jonkers Enduro should be good prep (2000m+ of climbing and long descents). The exception being the lack of rocks in Jonkers and the fact that you can ride the ascents out vs hike-a-bike at Ezel.

Jonkers big 7 is tougher. Ezel you can take your time. Hiking is actually very energy efficient I found. Nursing a semi-babelas also helps with the long effort.

Jonkers Enduro should be good prep (2000m+ of climbing and long descents). The exception being the lack of rocks in Jonkers and the fact that you can ride the ascents out vs hike-a-bike at Ezel.

Can't do jonkers for kid reasons, but there will be a few more big days in my near future just to get used to 1500 plus metres.

Big thing this year is to spend less time dilly dallying between stages. That was a major part of why I didn't get to the cutoff in time.

Edited by Cptmayhem

Can't do jonkers for kid reasons, but there will be a few more big days in my near future just to get used to 1500 plus metres.

Big thing this year is to spend less time dilly dallying between stages. That was a major part of why I didn't get to the cutoff in time.

Jonkers will be more mental prep than anything though because it's the weekend before Ezel - too close for fitness gains. But you've done Ezel so you know what to expect - all about getting to stages as fast as possible. Hike a bikes kill me - so I reckon it's gonna be my biggest challenge as well.

Jonkers will be more mental prep than anything though because it's the weekend before Ezel - too close for fitness gains. But you've done Ezel so you know what to expect - all about getting to stages as fast as possible. Hike a bikes kill me - so I reckon it's gonna be my biggest challenge as well.

100%

2,000m though. Holy shart. That's on my list of goals. 

Edited by Cptmayhem

Any actual info on this? Like distance etc?

We have yet to finalise the course (we need to go and build some trail and check to see if others are viable after the rains) but distance is not a good indicator for preparation for this race- just know that you WILL be out for around 7-9 hours!OUr estimations are that it will be around 48km and close on 2000m elevation with 2 heavy hike-a-bike sections and 5 incredible special stages that'll blow your socks off!

What I like about ezel. Every stage by itself is a hoot and totally rideable on fresh arms and minds. There is no dingleberries section that bring in an element of luck to offset your times. If you are ezel ranked. You are ranked equally and proper according to overall fitness, tech prowess, mental durability and lastly how well you and your bike get along. Whilst I really enjoyed the klipberg event, the dingleberries kinda put a line through my plan to compare times with buddies. How fast you can walk down a gully of loose rocks shouldn't be #enduro timing. I think it should be included. But yoh. Maybe on a timed section of its own. Maybe I'm just ****. Probably.

• 2 weeks later...