[Event] Ezelenduro 2018

RvonT

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I like about ezel. Every stage by itself is a hoot and totally rideable on fresh arms and minds. There is no dingleberries section that bring in an element of luck to offset your times. If you are ezel ranked. You are ranked equally and proper according to overall fitness, tech prowess, mental durability and lastly how well you and your bike get along. Whilst I really enjoyed the klipberg event, the dingleberries kinda put a line through my plan to compare times with buddies. How fast you can walk down a gully of loose rocks shouldn't be #enduro timing. I think it should be included. But yoh. Maybe on a timed section of its own. Maybe I'm just ****. Probably.

Sounds like you'd prefer us to tar the trails while we're at it...

Serious FOMO! ignore the nay sayers this is EZEL DAMMIT! need to earn that donkey t-shirt, the distance/elevation looks legit... One could almost think you guys are trying to get one up on kingdom(ps.I was there and that was some seriously tough hike-a-bike/trail)... either way bring on the GNAR for 2019!!! See you guys at the EWC ????

Edited by andrewdh

Some tar and nice big berms would be amazing. Something I can ride on a 50mm dual sus. Edited by V18

What I like about ezel. Every stage by itself is a hoot and totally rideable on fresh arms and minds. There is no dingleberries section that bring in an element of luck to offset your times. If you are ezel ranked. You are ranked equally and proper according to overall fitness, tech prowess, mental durability and lastly how well you and your bike get along. Whilst I really enjoyed the klipberg event, the dingleberries kinda put a line through my plan to compare times with buddies. How fast you can walk down a gully of loose rocks shouldn't be #enduro timing. I think it should be included. But yoh. Maybe on a timed section of its own. Maybe I'm just ****. Probably.

Of miskien is jy net te min?

If every one of your buddies walked dingleberries, then you are all ranked equally no? If you walked it while your mates ran down, then you should compare yourself to said mates?

If some of your buddies rode dingles, and you walked it, then you are wasting you're time trying to compare yourself to said buddy? I think dingleberries was a great equalizer, and it sorted the wheat from the chaff.

The new stage 2 on Ezel is a monster, and it means you while be tired before reaching SS4, and not get tired halfway through 4. Etter.

If every one of your buddies walked dingleberries, then you are all ranked equally no? If you walked it while your mates ran down, then you should compare yourself to said mates?

If some of your buddies rode dingles, and you walked it, then you are wasting you're time trying to compare yourself to said buddy? I think dingleberries was a great equalizer, and it sorted the wheat from the chaff.

The new stage 2 on Ezel is a monster, and it means you while be tired before reaching SS4, and not get tired halfway through 4. Etter.

Wait, v18, didn't you stop to eat a sandwich halfway through SS4 last year? Edited by PhilipV

With the pipeline in the way of SS2, seems like they're trying to keep up with obstacle course racing as well...

With the pipeline in the way of SS2, seems like they're trying to keep up with obstacle course racing as well...

We built a  mudpit under it too :)

Will you be making an appearance at your homerace? Edited by PhilipV

Hahaha! Guilty as charged! Ss4 was just lekker long. Didn't feel like suffering too much. More an endurance thing than tech I must admit. I blame primarily laziness for lack of training but my "office job" is quite the challenge on the easiest of days. As for dingleberries. I don't see myself cleaning that any time soon. All about risk reward. Risk (ie broken scaphoid and potential loss of legit qualification skillset) in this case outweighed reward. I'll pack my hiking boots next time.

Lol. I hardly see myself as chaff Mr wheat. I enjoyed this sorting process regardless. I look forward to basking in the gleam of your huskless steeze.