2018 Bike Hub Fantasy Tour

News bot

We are still busy finalising the points and verifying the results. Overall points are not yet reflecting. 

A few years back we did the Giro or Vuelta (can't remember which) just for fun and bragging rights, no prizes.... was just as much fun!!

Maybe Admin can do the same again.....

I can remember that...maybe ADMIN can make a plan for us to play the other races?

Just for bragging rights? 

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone with time on their hands trying to figure out what the best possible selections for the three phases were ? 

That was fun, my team disappointed,  Some of them will be looking for contracts if I have the last say.

simple:

1st week sprinters + GVA

2nd week jersey holders + Alaphilipe

3rd week jersey holders + GC guys.

and obviously Sags every time.

I can remember that...maybe ADMIN can make a plan for us to play the other races?

Just for bragging rights?

That vuelta one was fun.. we weren't many but boy it was a fun one.. my son ended up doing pretty darn well if i remember correctly ..

Yep was 2015.. and he had Aru in his team[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by Gen

thanks to Amdin+Nick + the sponsors.

That was fun. I will adjust my strategy for next year, it involves a DeLorean and a flux capacitor.

I think where it got hard was that the jersey leaders didn't change from day 11 to the finish, it looks like everyone in the top20 had Gee in their squad, well done to y'all!

Thanks to all who took part in this year's edition.  :thumbup:

And well done to all our prize winners:

Grand Prize
Wahoo KICKR Smart Trainer. Plus a Wahoo hamper, including a Wahoo ELEMNT BOLT, KICKR floor mat and TICKR heart rate belt.

Winner: TURCODEPOR

wahoo_image.jpg

Weekly Prizes:

6 x Knog front and rear lights hampers

Winners:

knog_pwr.jpg

knog_blinder.jpg

A few things *preventing me from running the Giro and Vuelta comps like before:

1. Lack of time;

2. Capturing everyone’s team: for 20-odd participants it’s okay, but still requires time especially with the continual mind changes [humour required for the last part of the sentence [emoji16]]. For 100 or more, it is (feels) exponentially more. This is why it moved from having to send a PM/email to an automated, online capturing system;

3. Scoring: the spreadsheet is available, but requires quite a bit of maintenance, especially when the scoring changes from Giro to Tour to Vuelta, or when the ways to score Fantasy points gets too complicated. Also, the source of data (classifications) differs for each event... some clever scripts can fetch data, but that’s slightly outside my field of expertise if not in a table format.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to all who took part in this year's edition. :thumbup:

And well done to all our prize winners:

Grand Prize

Wahoo KICKR Smart Trainer. Plus a Wahoo hamper, including a Wahoo ELEMNT BOLT, KICKR floor mat and TICKR heart rate belt.

Winner: TURCODEPOR

wahoo_image.jpg

Weekly Prizes:

6 x Knog front and rear lights hampers

Winners:

knog_pwr.jpg

knog_blinder.jpg

WOT !?

Nuffing for 2nd

Doesn’t the rouxtjie 1000 posts rule apply to competition entries ????

WOT !?

Nuffing for 2nd

Doesn’t the rouxtjie 1000 posts rule apply to competition entries ????

Ha ha, a zero post wonder took the cake

A few things *preventing me from running the Giro and Vuelta comps like before:

1. Lack of time;

2. Capturing everyone’s team: for 20-odd participants it’s okay, but still requires time especially with the continual mind changes [humour required for the last part of the sentence [emoji16]]. For 100 or more, it is (feels) exponentially more. This is why it moved from having to send a PM/email to an automated, online capturing system;

3. Scoring: the spreadsheet is available, but requires quite a bit of maintenance, especially when the scoring changes from Giro to Tour to Vuelta, or when the ways to score Fantasy points gets too complicated. Also, the source of data (classifications) differs for each event... some clever scripts can fetch data, but that’s slightly outside my field of expertise if not in a table format.

thank you for running it in the past, I thought it was very slick for a gdrive hack job!

thank you for running it in the past, I thought it was very slick for a gdrive hack job!

Reason number 4... G drive is as frustrating as the Mac version of Office... [emoji57]

Thanks guys.. this was flippen awesome ... 

Congrats to the winner, pretty sweet prize ... Sell me your old smart trainer , need to console myself for losing  :whistling:

A few years back we did the Giro or Vuelta (can't remember which) just for fun and bragging rights, no prizes.... was just as much fun!!

Maybe Admin can do the same again.....

superbru sent me the email to just reactvate last year's pool

here it is:

Join BikeHub La Vuelta, my Vuelta a España league on @Superbru! You can find my pool here:

or by downloading the Superbru app and searching for the pool with code:

cageaxes

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!!!

our 0 post wonder who won the Kickr is still a 0 post wonder!

• GroupMembers
  • Active Posts0
  • Profile Views10
  • Member TitleRookie
  • AgeAge Unknown
  • BirthdayBirthday Unknown
  • Province
    International

you will see he lives in SPAIN!

which is where the next instalment of the fantasy genre takes place

Join BikeHub La Vuelta, my Vuelta a España league on @Superbru! You can find my pool here:

or by downloading the Superbru app and searching for the pool with code:

cageaxes