Ride snacks - real food

Completely agree! How else am I going to justify the amount of pizza, burgers, and chocolates I eat?

Hoeveel gewig het jy nou weer verloor? En hoeveel wil jy nog verloor?

Asking for a friend.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoeveel gewig het jy nou weer verloor? En hoeveel wil jy nog verloor?

Asking for a friend.

Hahaha 10 down (lots more to go). But pizza doesn't do anything to your weight does it?

For racing and gooiing hammers, space food is where it's at.

For easy energy bars I like nougat, like Wedgewood farbars. And granola bars like Llama bars.

For riding with mates, trails, endurobroing, Bikepacking, touring, weekend awaying or any other riding scenario longer than 90 Mins I find real good to be where it's at. My current favorite is one rehidrat and an apple. If the ride is long enough I'll take a sarmie as well.

I've eaten these with success before:

Steak strips

Baby potatoes

Biltong

Banana bread (buttered)

Nuts and raisins

Ek sal Boshoff try.

Die Koffie shop in Soutpan is befok. Laas jaar daar gestop. Beste chocolate koek ooit.

Was nie lus om weer te ry daarna nie.

From there you take the dirt road straight to Florisbad Resort with restaurant and cafe.

From Florisbad you take the dirt road to Glen, there's a hidden spaza shop at the old station. From there you go back to Bloem via Tielman Roos street. 5Km from Bloem is Olive Hill cash store. Your buffet ride is now complete.

Only one bottle needed.

I've also heard about peanut butter over rice cakes. Who has tried that?

Tried this today at lunchtime as a matter of fact,

Cant say I felt very energetic during the afternoon.

I can say that its probably the lightest snack of out the lot, goes well with carbon bikes.

From there you take the dirt road straight to Florisbad Resort with restaurant and cafe.

From Florisbad you take the dirt road to Glen, there's a hidden spaza shop at the old station. From there you go back to Bloem via Tielman Roos street. 5Km from Bloem is Olive Hill cash store. Your buffet ride is now complete.

Only one bottle needed.

How do I ride gravel from Bloem to Boshoff. I have ridden Bloem to Brandfort, Brandfort to Soutpan and Soutpan back to Bloem . Almost 200km. Was wondering how to ride to Dealesville then Boshoff

Hahaha 10 down (lots more to go). But pizza doesn't do anything to your weight does it?

Only similarities is that a pizza is round and I'm build like one [emoji54]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Late to the topic, but the best thing I've seen on his thread is the OP saying he rides for 30 mins, and then stops to have a chicken mayo sandwich. Hahaha, now that's gold.

How do I ride gravel from Bloem to Boshoff. I have ridden Bloem to Brandfort, Brandfort to Soutpan and Soutpan back to Bloem . Almost 200km. Was wondering how to ride to Dealesville then Boshoff

From Krugers Drift dam is a gravel road to Dealesville.

You should probably first check the river crossings and plan to- and from them for a complete gravel route.

200km? ek sal vrek, en as ek daar opstaan sal ek weer vrek...

You guys ever heard of Wazoogles? Its a natural powder based entirely on superfoods. You get different flavors but I like the vanila. You mix the powder with milk, add 2 bananas, 2 tbl spoons raw oats, 2 tbl spoons peanut butter and small spoon of honey. Blend and enjoy. I could not believ the results. You feel fantastic! Pop a banana, some biltong and a Wazoogle Berry Fruit Bar in the back picket and ride as far as you want to. My wife is the agent for Wazoogles so I was forced to try it. I cant imagine ever using anything else again.

You guys ever heard of Wazoogles? Its a natural powder based entirely on superfoods. You get different flavors but I like the vanila. You mix the powder with milk, add 2 bananas, 2 tbl spoons raw oats, 2 tbl spoons peanut butter and small spoon of honey. Blend and enjoy. I could not believ the results. You feel fantastic! Pop a banana, some biltong and a Wazoogle Berry Fruit Bar in the back picket and ride as far as you want to. My wife is the agent for Wazoogles so I was forced to try it. I cant imagine ever using anything else again.

"I could not believe the results" - it was at this point it started to feel like a Herbalife pitch ;)

Sounds interesting though, is there a link where we can check it out?

Have not read through all the posts so not sure if it was already mentioned, Buttanut as a suggestion in their single serving sachets?

From Krugers Drift dam is a gravel road to Dealesville.

You should probably first check the river crossings and plan to- and from them for a complete gravel route.

200km? ek sal vrek, en as ek daar opstaan sal ek weer vrek...

Gaan dit try. Soek n nuwe 200km + roete. Thanks

Gaan dit try. Soek n nuwe 200km + roete. Thanks

You really need to get a hobby!

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

"I could not believe the results" - it was at this point it started to feel like a Herbalife pitch ;)

I wouldnt put you through that bud.

Heres the link to their site https://wazoogles.com

If you keen to try it give my Mrs a call 044 873 6216.

First time I tried it we went up Montagu Pass. That climb is a bleeder of note and I survived on fairly unfit lets at the time. ????

Sounds interesting though, is there a link where we can check it out?

Superfoods?

You mean fruits and vegetables.

Archived