I want 2 pairs for backup.

Sly way of telling the world you have 2.63 BTC

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1600g?   Is that any good?

My 29er enduro carbon wheels with Hope hubs are within 70g of that.  WTF?

No man.

1600g?   Is that any good?

My 29er enduro carbon wheels with Hope hubs are within 70g of that.  WTF?

No man.

All disc wheels are heavy.  (If you weigh the disc with)

Assuming that is what they did here.

I've never seen a wheel weight advertised with the disc (which I assume you're talking about a brake rotor) included.  Or are you referring to deep section?

Just seems damn heavy?   I dont even think my non-carbon road bike wheels (disc) weigh that and they are 35mm deep disc rims. Alu.

I see a rather underhanded admission that someone was riding in the fun rider group here.....

Fun riders have more fun... Clearly seem to have more money too... :whistling:

Edited by s14phoenix

I want to know, with which airline and which destination, can you fly twice, return, first class, for R113 000?

Emirates to Dubai

I've never seen a wheel weight advertised with the disc (which I assume you're talking about a brake rotor) included.  Or are you referring to deep section?

Just seems damn heavy?   I dont even think my non-carbon road bike wheels (disc) weigh that and they are 35mm deep disc rims. Alu.

LW Meilensteins weigh 1.1kg.

Thus my assumption is the rotors are included.

Zipp 404 1.6kg

Typical Alu wheel 1.6-1.8kg

What I find even more interesting than the price tag, is that the spokes are chemically bonded....so I take it this wheel can never be trued again. One oops, and a huge insurance claim to follow....

What I find even more interesting than the price tag, is that the spokes are chemically bonded....so I take it this wheel can never be trued again. One oops, and a huge insurance claim to follow....

there is always duct tape and Q-bond.......

I saw 2 sets - different bikes - 1 set was going backwards up a climb we where on and the other went backwards in the group sprint at the end - think it was during Tour of Durban one year...

That was me, both bikes, i had to change bikes during the ride due to a broken spoke, the other set, the decal started peeling off, so I decided just to give both sets of rims to my butler.

He uses them on the Bugatti bike I gave him for xmas last year.

Whoever buys these wheels, should then consider this bike from Bugatti. Starting, yes thats STARTING, from about R700 000.00

The wheels are a bargain then.

FFS .... 700K and they have fitted the front brake lever to the wrong side ... it should be on the RIGHT HAND SIDE!