[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

The long term weather for cast for the day shows:

Sun, Mar 10 http://weather.news24.com/Images/Icons/Forecasts/1.gif Sunny. Mild.  28°C 19°C 25km/h SE 63% 29°C Moderate  * 

1%

If this hold or the wind becomes less it should be nice day out on the bike.

I preferred the prediction from 14 days ago regarding wind. Now I am a little stressed or depressed not sure which one as it seems that today's forecast is probably more accurate!

Sun http://weather.news24.com/Images/Icons/Forecasts/2.gif More sun than clouds. Mild.  23°C 17°C 51km/h SE 65% 24°C Moderate  *  5%

Edited by Icycling

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixie, standard brake lever OEM for straight bars, flipflop but currently fixed @ 48/16

Spot the upgrade.....

AND the weather!!!!

post-35907-0-04600900-1552148325_thumb.png

Went for a warm up ride this arvie doing the Lord Charles climb and back home. I foresee the biggest issue will be crosswinds coming downhill. Riding into block headwind is just like climbing a looooong hill. At least it keeps you cool.

Good luck to all riders. May the wind be better than expected and may you all get to the finish line safely! I'll make my first appearance as an Argus spectator tomorrow. Watch out for the guy with the broken arm in a sling, at Mosterts' Mill, clapping with one hand.  :)  

Good luck to all riders. May the wind be better than expected and may you all get to the finish line safely! I'll make my first appearance as an Argus spectator tomorrow. Watch out for the guy with the broken arm in a sling, at Mosterts' Mill, clapping with one hand.  :)  

I rode last year with a broken arm.  Not the brightest decision considering what could have gone wrong.  But it didn't.  And I ended up having one of the best rides.  No expectations, no goals, no stress - just riding my bike around cape town on closed roads with a mate  :thumbup:

*sorry to hear about the arm - hope you heal up soon and get on the bike.

That's a bit early into the race to be looking for inspiration from the supporters but I'll try to keep an eye out  ;)

Evening hubbers quick question race number on seatpost legal or will this be an issue?

afaik it's fine if its on your seatpost