UCI Mountain Bike World Champs

JacBrand

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loic just too good. That guy knows how to deliver when it counts.

But massively impressed with Maes today - this track didn’t play at all to his strengths (or at least those you would expect), what a beast. 0.2 seconds off taking the rainbow jersey away from the 2019 World Cup DH season..

Am 8th by Greg is not to bad after being off most of the season... And all 3 santa Cruz riders in the top 8!

Just gonna put it out there.... If gee had been racing I reckon he would have had a good chance

Man, what an absolutely nuts World Champs! Enjoyed the hell out of it.

Maes is an absolute beast! Humiliating so many full time DHers.

Had a little smirk at Gwin’s scowl whilst he was on the podium. He looked uncharacteristically all over on that track.

Atherton just absolutely crushing the ladies’ field. No one else had a snowball’s chance in hell.

Didn't you say he won't even make top 10 [emoji23]... Or was it someone else?

That was Nico Boshoff. Said everyone should calm their tits about Maes. ????

It’s legitimately insane to think that these racers are knocking out F1 level times against one another. The top 4 all on the same second.

That was Nico Boshoff. Said everyone should calm their tits about Maes. [emoji23]

It’s legitimately insane to think that these racers are knocking out F1 level times against one another. The top 4 all on the same second.

It shows how strong and how deep the competition between the riders is at the moment. Some nail biting racing yesterday. Fantastic to see. Like you said in the World Cup thread, gravity racing is in a good space!

That was Nico Boshoff. Said everyone should calm their tits about Maes. [emoji23]

I apologise!

Nico... Eat your words [emoji23]

CROSS-COUNTRY

Elite

Arno du Toit

Phillemon Sebona

Mariske Strauss

Cherie Redecker

Candice Lill

U23

Alan Hatherly

Julian Jessop

Junior

Daniel van der Walt

Keagan Bontekoning

Jamie Penfold

Tiffany Keep

Zandri Strydom DOWNHILL

Elite

Greg Minnaar

Johann Potgieter

Stefan Garlicki

Theo Erlangsen

Junior

Connor Finnis

Jasper Barrett

Team Manager: Erica Groenewald

Team Mechanic: Johan Groenewald MARATHON

Elite Men

Gert Heyns

Philip Buys

Matthys Beukes

Matthew Beers

Nico Bell

Hendrik Kruger

Alan Hatherly

Stuart Marais

Phillemon Sebona

Elite Women

Amy McDougall

Candice Lill

Robyn de Groot

Samantha Saunders

Yolande de Villiers

Add Willem Le Roux to the XCM list

Sjoe what an end to what became an open season. I'm very chuffed for Emily, damn so many near misses, but it wasn't going to be today, but she pushed until she tasted blood and saw stars and wasn't embarrassed to say it. Shame it never happened for Jolanda, but that's what made it so exciting. Kate, pretty damn awesome, so lekker for the sport for a US rider to win. I agree with Kosmo, she's a great Taco eatin' ambassador for the sport. They are doing something right to combat their drought, with a few men up there too.

And Mariska in the top 20 is just amazing. So when are we seeing Thomus and Torpedo bikes here???

Nathrix you must be very chuffed... :clap:

Archived