Problem solving - little cycling related projects

DJR

The discussion about using a saddle bag on an elegant road bike, something that makes a beautiful bike look like it is wearing a nappy, got me thinking a little. I don't mind carrying spares and tools in my back pockets, but I like having all of it together, ready to go, without having to find bits and pieces. I also like a little project that can be done quickly and still leave me time for a ride. This is my solution! (Sorry, it is going to be a bit of a tease! I did say "10 steps")

post-17716-0-85240400-1536482921_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make up two blocks of wood and a thinner longer one that can fit between them. Shape them. What on earth for? Be patient, all will be revealed.  :)

post-17716-0-05640400-1536483311_thumb.jpg

Wet the leather to soften it and make it more pliable. Then slip the 2 blocks into your pouch and hammer the wedge in between them to stretch and shape your pouch. Let the whole thing dry. This can take a day or so. Getting the blocks out will be difficult, but you will be left with the shape you want..

post-17716-0-01410000-1536483536_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR

Maybe a little lanyard thing to clip to your shirt pocket so it cant just fall out and get lost?

Looks cool. Nice work.

Edited by Mojoman