Problem solving - little cycling related projects

DJR

Guess that's one tool pouch that won't be in your hand luggage flying up for 947 

best you put the co2 back and just tell security you have bombs in your bag :eek:

:D I'm way to chickenshit

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work, DJR. You planning on making more to sell? I reckon you could easily off-load a few here(No not the rounds but pouches).

Not to sell, but this weekend I made this roll-up version for my oldest D. It is meant to be an "all in one fix anything that may come your way" on a commute when he rides to class every day. The idea is that he can stick that in his pocket or his backpack and not worry about forgetting something (he's a bit scatterbrained when it comes to stuff like that.) It will also look good at Eroica SA and on any classic bike ride. The outer is Impala leather and the inside Warthog.  

post-17716-0-28803800-1537172119_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-04462700-1537172141_thumb.jpg

Ah, nothing more gorgeous than artisan art... craftsmanship like this is few and far between these days...

Well done DJR, really good looking

Not to sell, but this weekend I made this roll-up version for my oldest D. It is meant to be an "all in one fix anything that may come your way" on a commute when he rides to class every day. The idea is that he can stick that in his pocket or his backpack and not worry about forgetting something (he's a bit scatterbrained when it comes to stuff like that.) It will also look good at Eroica SA and on any classic bike ride. The outer is Impala leather and the inside Warthog.  

I hope you at least shot them yourself. 

Good work, looks really well made.

Well done.

This has really inspired me to create a thread, which I shall name: "A 100 step guide to boosting your post count"

Cav.......... :whistling:

What to do if you want a piece of kit for a classic bike race but cannot find it for love or money? You borrow one from Niels at Woodstock Cycle Works (as an example) and you solve your problem by making your own:

Left over Impala leather and camping mattress foam from previous projects means the cost is zero if I ignore a couple of hours of my time (still managed a braai for lunch, a breakfast and a dinner with friends and 2 bike rides this long weekend.)

Plan, design a few improvements into it, measure, cut carefully

post-17716-0-89940900-1537804517_thumb.jpg

Then start putting them together.  If you can make balloon swords and daschunds you'll find this easy

post-17716-0-82400900-1537804750_thumb.jpg

Before you know it you'll have a leather strip helmet custom made to fit your noggin. Just the thing for Eroica SA. It is surprisingly comfortable, although I have no doubt that a modern helmet will give much better protection.

post-17716-0-22537400-1537804928_thumb.jpg